Subject: [rtcweb] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtcweb-mdns-ice-candidates-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 15:26:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Using Multicast DNS to protect privacy when exposing ICE candidates
        Authors         : Youenn Fablet
                          Jeroen de Borst
                          Justin Uberti
                          Qingsi Wang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtcweb-mdns-ice-candidates-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2018-10-22

Abstract:
   WebRTC applications collect ICE candidates as part of the process of
   creating peer-to-peer connections.  To maximize the probability of a
   direct peer-to-peer connection, client private IP addresses are
   included in this candidate collection.  However, disclosure of these
   addresses has privacy implications.  This document describes a way to
   share local IP addresses with other clients while preserving client
   privacy.  This is achieved by obfuscating IP addresses with
   dynamically generated Multicast DNS (mDNS) [RFC6762] names.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-mdns-ice-candidates/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-mdns-ice-candidates-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-mdns-ice-candidates-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtcweb-mdns-ice-candidates-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Justin Uberti <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 15:35:30 -0700

This -02 release fixes a few lingering bugs in the -01. Overall, this is a
significant update from the -00 and should be read as a new I-D rather than
a diff.

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 3:27 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb
>