Subject: [rtcweb] WebRTC, Ingest Signaling over HTTPS (WISH) WG charter

From: Sergio Garcia Murillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2020 00:40:52 +0100

Hi all,

According to the discussions on the last Dispatch meeting and the 
feedback received on the mailing list,  Adam and I have prepared a 
charter for the working group that will take over the WHIP proposal.

The WISH working group is chartered to specify a simple, extensible, 
HTTPS-based signaling protocol to establish one-way WebRTC-based 
audiovisual sessions between broadcasting tools and real-time media 
broadcast networks.

The product of this working group will be a specification for a simple, 
extensible, HTTPS-based signaling protocol to establish one-way 
WebRTC-based audiovisual sessions between broadcasting tools and 
real-time media broadcast networks.

This working group will use existing HTTPS, WebRTC, and SDP mechanisms 
to the extent possible. While no extensions to those core protocols is 
expected, the working group may consider such extensions if they are 
necessary to meet the requirements of broadcasting tools and networks. 
Any such work will be coordinated with the HTTPBIS and/or MMUSIC working 
groups, as appropriate.

<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-wish/>

The mailing list is [email-masked] , which can be subscribed to here:

<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/wish>

Best regards

Sergio