Subject: RTFM get-together at Adelaide IETF

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 10:50:35 -0800 (PST)

Hello all:

Although RTFM is not currently an 'active IETF WG,' we will hold our usual
informal get-together at the Adelaide IETF, most probably at lunchtime on
the Wednesday.

At IETF in Washington DC last December we talked about defining a small
set of protocols for which an RTFM meter could accurately match pairs of
packets.  I can report on some experience in implementing this in NeTraMet
for ICMP, DNS and TCP packets.

Would anyone interested in sharing experiences with RTFM - or any other
kind of network measurements - please send a note to this list; I'll post
a meeting agenda closer to the IETF meeting.

Cheers, Nevil

-------------------------------------------------------------
   Nevil Brownlee                     Visiting Researcher
   Phone: (858) 822 0893                 CAIDA, San Diego

---

From: Tanja Zseby <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 21:45:56 +0100

Hello Nevil,

I would be interested to have an RTFM Meeting and to share experiences.
We made some performance measurements with our ATM/IP traffic generator
and NeTraMet on Solaris and BSD. 

Regards
Tanja

-- 
Dipl.-Ing. Tanja Zseby					[email-masked]
GMD FOKUS (GloNe) 					
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31				Phone: +49-30-3463-7153
D-10589 Berlin, Germany				 	Fax:   +49-30-3463-8153	
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
"Living on earth is expensive but it includes a free trip around the
sun."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------