Subject: RTFM at Pittsburg IETF

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 10:09:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Scott & Allison:

Over the last few months there has been discussion on the RTFM mailing
list about reviving the WG to pursue two goals:

 a) Develop a standard method (protocol, API, whatever) for changing
       rulests in an RTFM meter 'on the fly,' i.e. while they are
       running (e.g. to add/delete networks from a list of networks
       for which flow data is being collected).

 b) Review the 'New Attributes' RFC (2274) so as to decide which of
       these turn out to be really useful, and produce an 'RTFM Meter
       extensions' RFC so as to allow standardised implementation
       for them.

I'd appreciate your guidance as to the best way to do this.  In
particular, can we simply revive the existing RTFM WG with a revised
charter, do we need to run a BOF so as to start a new WG, or what?

Cheers, Nevil

-------------------------------------------------------------
   Nevil Brownlee                     Visiting Researcher
   Phone: (858) 822 0893                 CAIDA, San Diego