Subject: RTFM get-together at Pittsburgh IETF

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 13:19:37 +1300 (DST)

Hello all:

We will be holding our now-traditional RTFM get-together during the 
Pittsburgh IETF.  We've normally done this on Wednesday lunchtime; I'll 
organise a time and meeting place early in IETF week, and will post 
details to this mailing list (as well as put a notice on the IETF 
notice board).

Agenda items:

1. I have some interesting experience in implementing distributions
   of data from IP streams which I'd like to share.  Also some 
   plots of turnaround time for DNS request packets.

2. Re-activating the RTFM working group.
   There are two activities for which this could be considered -  
   a) Develop a standard method (protocol, API, whatever) for changing
      rulests in an RTFM meter 'on the fly,' i.e. while they are
      running (e.g. to add/delete networks from a list of networks
      for which flow data is being collected).
   b) Review the 'New Attributes' RFC (2274) so as to decide which of
      these turn out to be really useful, and produce an 'RTFM Meter
      extensions' RFC so as to allow standardised implementation.     

  To reactivate the WG we'd need to run a BOF; the first step towards
  that is to produce Internet Drafts setting out what needs to be done.
  We'll need to decide who will work on two I-Ds, one for each of the 
  above goals (and any others we want to pursue). 

  We should aim to get these published as individual I-Ds by the
  end of September.  Then we can ask our ADs for a BOF at
  the San Diego IETF in December.

Does anyone have any other items?  If so, please post them to the list.

See you in Pittsburgh !

Cheers, Nevil

+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Nevil Brownlee                     Director, Technology Development |
| Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x8941        ITSS, The University of Auckland |
|   FAX: +64 9 373 7425      Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------C