Subject: More new attribute work item ideas

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 13:34:11 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)

Hello all:

Following the note I sent to the list 11 Sep 00 about implementing new 
attributes in the RTFM MIB, I have two further proposals -

 1) Another group of list-valued attributes, To/From ASNListPDUs and 
    To/From ASNListOctets
    These would build lists of the packets and bytes sent to each
    ASN for a flow's source (From list) and destination (To list).

 2) Another column in the Reader Control table, specifying the minimum
    number of packets a flow should have if it is to read by a meter
    reader.  This would provide a filter so that only 'busy' flows
    would be read by that meter, which would be very useful for
    applications like nifty (my flow analyser - tests of this reduced
    the number of flows of interest from 120,000 to about 10,000).
    The default value for this filter would be zero, i.e. all flows
    would be retrieved.

Any comments or suggestions?  I plan to finish my I-D and send it in to 
be published early nect week.
 
Cheers, Nevil    

+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Nevil Brownlee                     Director, Technology Development |
| Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x8941        ITSS, The University of Auckland |
|   FAX: +64 9 373 7021      Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------P