Subject: I-D on low-level interface to packet capturing

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 17:34:44 +0100

Hello all,

Georg Carle and myself have posted an Internet draft suggesting
extensions to the Remote Packet Capture draft from Carter.

You'll find Carter's draft at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bullard-pcap-00.txt
and our draft at 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-quittek-pcap-ext-00.txt

The extensions we suggest concern the captured packet encapsulation
header and the configuration of packet capturing devices. The captured
packet encapsulation header is extended by flags indicating simple
steps of pre-processing captured packet headers. Most indicated
pre-processing actions are merging actions of headers with common
properties. For configuration of packet capturing devices, a
configuration record is suggested. 

We would like to present and discuss the draft at the rtfm BOF
in San Diego.

    Juergen
-- 
Juergen Quittek     [email-masked]     Tel: +49 6221 90511-15
NEC Europe Ltd., C&C Research Laboratories   Fax: +49 6221 90511-55
Adenauerplatz 6, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany   http://www.ccrle.nec.de