Subject: Reminder about Contributor responsibilities regarding IPR; BFD over LAG

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 16:01:02 -0500

Working Group,

There's been good energy and collaboration on the BFD over LAG discussion.
Since there's been good consensus regarding a new charter item covering that
work, I've requested our AD to have our charter amended.

This is a good time to point out that part of the reason why there's so much
energy on the topic is a number of vendors support various flavors of
proprietary BFD over LAG and we're in need of an open, interoperable
solution.  To that end, let me please remind you of your responsibilities as
IETF Contributors:

http://www.ietf.org/about/note-well.html
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3979
etc.

While it is perhaps early to request IPR disclosure prior to having the work
in a draft-ietf-bfd- document, we're at the point of gaining consensus over
design decisions for what should be in such a draft.  To help the WG make an
informed decision about the solution, please gather and publish your IPR
disclosures.

-- Jeff & Dave