Subject: Fwd: Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-bfd-05.txt> (TRILL: Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) Support) to Proposed Standard

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 17:23:01 -0400

Hi,

This draft passed TRILL WG Last Call (notice of which was previous
posted to the BFD WG) and is now in IETF Last Call.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, May 23, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-bfd-05.txt> (TRILL:
Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) Support) to Proposed Standard
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of
Lots of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document:
- 'TRILL: Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) Support'
 <draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-bfd-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-06-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

  This document specifies use of the BFD (Bidirectional Forwarding
  Detection) protocol in RBridge campuses based on the Rbridge Channel
  extension to the the TRILL (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of
  Links) protocol.

  BFD is a widely deployed OAM (Operations, Administration, and
  Maintenance) mechanism in IP and MPLS networks, using UDP and ACH
  encapsulation respectively.  This document specifies the BFD
  encapsulation over TRILL.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-bfd/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-bfd/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.