Subject: BFD over LAGs updated

From: "Bhatia, Manav (Manav)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 05:11:58 +0530

Hi,

We have posted an updated version of BFD over LAGs.

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-mmm-bfd-on-lags-05.txt

Diff from the last version:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mmm-bfd-on-lags-05

Would appreciate if the WG members can review this version and provide feedback.

Cheers, Manav

---

From: Tom Sanders <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 20:53:01 +0530

Hi Manav,

I understand that micro BFD session packets go with unicast ip
addresses. The question is that how will i figure out the IP to fill
in the micro BFD packets?

Toms

-- 
Toms.

---

From: Manav Bhatia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 10:14:56 +0530

Hi Toms,

The IP address of the remote end needs to be explicitly configured.

If you dont want to manually configure the IP addresses then you can 
look at draft-mmsn-bfd-on-lags-address-00.txt to see how this IP address 
can be dynamically discovered.

Cheers, Manav

---

From: Tom Sanders <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 21:21:04 +0530

Thanks Manav. This answers my question.

Is there any consensus on the mechanism (multicast or 127/8) that will
be used for remote IP discovery?

Toms

On 10 July 2012 10:14, Manav Bhatia <[email-masked]> wrote:
> If you dont want to manually configure the IP addresses then you can look at
> draft-mmsn-bfd-on-lags-address-00.txt to see how this IP address can be
> dynamically discovered.
>
> Cheers, Manav
>
>

-- 
Toms.