Subject: IETF 84 meeting - call for presentations

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 11:47:31 -0400

Working Group,

We shall be meeting at the upcoming IETF 84 session in Vancouver, Canada.
This is a call for presentations for the working group session.  

Since the majority of the working group focus has been over the BFD over
Ethernet LAG feature, we will be reserving a 30 minute time slot for update
and discussion on this feature.  Note that this draft is still an individual
submission as we are gated on a response from IEEE regarding this work.  At
the moment, that token is waiting on AD review of the chairs proposed
response to IEEE. (Ahem!)

Similar to prior WG sessions, we would request that presentations be
completed several days prior so they can be uploaded to the datatracker.
This will let the session be most efficiently used for discussion rather
than reading the slides aloud.

For documents that are refreshes with minor changes and don't require a full
presentation, authors are encouraged to provide a slide for the meeting
materials but need not present unless there is desire for discussion.

Finally, I'd like to encourage the WG to spend a little focus on the BFD MIB
documents.  The base MIB has been re-published and needs some audit work
against the new WG item for the MIB for BFD for MPLS(-TP).  As noted in
prior e-mail threads, the WG doesn't have a requirement from ITU-T to
provide read-write access to such a MIB, but there has been support of a
writeable MIB from within the WG.  This means that read-create objects in
the MPLS MIB must have appropriate read-create coverage of supporting rows
in the base MIB.

-- Jeff and Dave.

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 13:50:17 -0400

I'll be uploading a formal agenda momentarily, but at this point our agenda
is:

- Discuss BFD over LAGs.
- MIB breakout session.

Our agenda is thin enough that we probably should cancel the meeting, but
experience from our last session showed that list feedback on the BFD over
LAG draft didn't reflect room consensus terribly well.  I'd like to give us
the opportunity to discuss this in detail.

The MIB breakout session will not be presentation driven.  People with
interest in the BFD MIBs will be invited to get together in a tight group
and do a review of the MIB objects, operational model, etc.  Think of it as
a pre-MIB Doctor review.

Given the nature of the MIB breakout, our formal agenda is expected to wrap
up very quickly.  Since our conflict list gave us a timeslot of 1.5 hours,
we still have openings for relevant agenda items.  Please send requests to
the list.

-- Jeff

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 11:47:31AM -0400, Jeffrey Haas wrote:
> [...]