Subject: Re: Adoption call for draft-sonal-bfd-secure-sequence-numbers (ending April 30, 2017)

From: "Reshad Rahman (rrahman)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 21:54:10 +0000

Hi authors,

This document has passed adoption as BFD WG document.

Please re-submit your draft as draft-ietf-bfd-secure-sequence-numbers.

Regards,
Reshad & Jeff.

On 2017-04-17, 5:35 PM, "Jeffrey Haas" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Working Group,
>
>As part of our discussion at the Working Group session at IETF 98 in
>Chicago, Sonal Agarwal presented "Secure BFD Sequence Numbers"
>(draft-sonal-bfd-secure-sequence-numbers-00).  This work complements a
>problem space the Security area had asked us to address as part of the
>work
>on optimizing BFD authentication, our adopted
>draft-ietf-bfd-optimizing-authentication.
>
>The discussion on the implementation implictions of the optimizing
>authentication draft was energetic this last IETF.  To drive that solution
>further along, we will need a technology similar to the one in the
>proposal.
>
>This starts a 2 week adoption call for
>draft-sonal-bfd-secure-sequence-numbers.
>Please indicate your support or lack of support for the proposal to the
>mailing list.
>
>Note that part of the discussion was that optimizing BFD is not ready to
>proceed to Last CAll until we've adopted such a proposal and have
>properly integrated it into the optimization procedures.
>
>-- Jeff and Reshad