Subject: IPR call for draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd-p2p

From: Chris Bowers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 10:44:27 -0600

RTGWG,

draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd-p2p is currently an individual draft.  Before
conducting
a poll regarding working group adoption by RTGWG, I would like to get
responses from
the authors and contributors regarding any IPR related to this draft.

First, there is some history associated with this draft that is useful to
document.

In June of 2015, draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd-00 was published based on the use of
point-to-point BFD by VRRP.

In July of 2015, draft-mirsky-bfd-p2mp-vrrp-use-case-00 was published
based on the use of point-to-multipoint BFD by VRRP.

In October of 2015, after suggestions from the WG, the two drafts above
were
merged into draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd-02.

In January of 2016, the following IPR was disclosed related to
draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2739/
draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd-02 was the current version of draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd
when this IPR
was disclosed.

In October of 2016, a WG adoption poll was conducted regarding
draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd.
There was not consensus to adopt the draft due to IPR concerns.  See this
email for details.
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/rtgwg/current/msg05729.html

In August of 2017, draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd-p2p-00 was published.

In October of 2017, a new revision of draft-mirsky-bfd-p2mp-vrrp-use-case
(rev-01) was published.

In December of 2017 (yesterday to be precise), an minor update to
draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd-p2p was published.

It is my understanding from discussions with the authors of these drafts,
both inside and outside of the RTGWG sessions at IETF100, that
draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd-p2p was written with the goal of separating the
content
of the merged draft back into two separate drafts in such a way that
the IPR disclosed in https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2739/ does not apply
to
draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd-p2p.

Having documented that history, I would now like to conduct the usual
RTGWG process regarding IPR, specifically for IPR related to
draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd-p2p.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd-p2p/

If you are listed as an author or contributor to draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd-p2p,
please respond to this email stating whether or not you are aware of any
IPR that applies to draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd-p2p. The response needs to be sent
to the RTGWG mailing list. The document will not advance to the next stage
until a response has been received from each author and each individual
that has contributed to the document.

Thanks,
Chris

---

From: "Nitish Gupta (nitisgup)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 19:52:15 +0000

Hi,

As co-author, I am not aware of any IPRs, on this draft.

Thanks,
Nitish
From: rtgwg <[email-masked]> on behalf of Chris Bowers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 8:44 AM
To: RTGWG <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: IPR call for draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd-p2p

RTGWG,
draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd-p2p is currently an individual draft.  Before conducting
a poll regarding working group adoption by RTGWG, I would like to get responses from
the authors and contributors regarding any IPR related to this draft.

First, there is some history associated with this draft that is useful to document.

In October of 2015, after suggestions from the WG, the two drafts above were
merged into draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd-02.

In January of 2016, the following IPR was disclosed related to draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2739/
draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd-02 was the current version of draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd when this IPR
was disclosed.

In October of 2016, a WG adoption poll was conducted regarding draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd.
There was not consensus to adopt the draft due to IPR concerns.  See this email for details.
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/rtgwg/current/msg05729.html

In October of 2017, a new revision of draft-mirsky-bfd-p2mp-vrrp-use-case (rev-01) was published.

It is my understanding from discussions with the authors of these drafts,
both inside and outside of the RTGWG sessions at IETF100, that
draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd-p2p was written with the goal of separating the content
of the merged draft back into two separate drafts in such a way that
the IPR disclosed in https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2739/ does not apply to
draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd-p2p.

Thanks,
Chris

---

From: Jeff Tantsura <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 13:48:29 -0800

As co-author, I am not aware of any IPR that applies to the draft.

Thanks,

Jeff

RTGWG,

was disclosed.

Thanks,

Chris

_______________________________________________ rtgwg mailing list [email-masked] https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtgwg

---

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 19:27:50 -0600

Dear Chris, et. al,
as co-author I'm not aware of any IPR that is applicable to the current
version of draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd-p2p.

Regards,
Greg

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 10:44 AM, Chris Bowers <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> rtgwg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtgwg
>
>