Subject: [RTG-DIR] Your help with Routing Area Meeting in Paris

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 09:08:29 -0000

Hi Directorate,

In Paris Stewart and I are thinking about spending some time looking at the
routing work that is happening in other Areas. This is not necessarily routing
packets in the way we are used to, but is often using a lot of the same
paradigms and maybe reinventing some of the same wheels.

We don't think that we should be muscling in on the work in other Areas (except
maybe where the work really belongs in the Routing Area), but we suspect that
there is quite a bit of advice that could be given. And at the least there is
some two-way information exchange that can happen.

We are aware of a number of I-Ds that involve "routing" concepts. Examples
include draft-ietf-p2psip-base and draft-mrw-abfab-trust-router, but there are
plenty of others.

This is a call for you to flag up any IETF "routing-type" work that you are
aware of so we can try to put together a session of lightning talks on the work
in Paris.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers,
Adrian