Subject: [RTG-DIR] Requesting a Routing Directorate review of draft-ietf-isis-rfc6326bis-00.txt

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 13:39:56 -0400

Hi,

Would it be possible for me to request a Routing Directorate review of
draft-ietf-isis-rfc6326bis?

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 18:53:58 +0100

Hi Donald,

What are you looking for in an early review? Is there something specific you
think the ISIS WG might not find, or perhaps you are worried that the WG is not
giving enough attention?

Adrian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Donald Eastlake [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 22 October 2012 18:40
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; draft-ierf-isis-
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Requesting a Routing Directorate review of
draft-ietf-isis-rfc6326bis-
> 00.txt

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 14:20:14 -0400

Hi Adrian,

This draft was presented to the ISIS WG at IETF-83 at which time about
a dozen people indicated they had read it. Since ISIS didn't meet at
IETF-84, at the suggestion of the ISIS Chairs I presented the draft to
the TRILL WG. It has subsequently been moved to WG draft without
objection. I have said I would be happy to present in Atlanta although
I don't know what I would say that was different. I believe the draft
is in good shape but Routing Directorate review has found things that
could be improved in my drafts before and it seems certain that it
will get a Routing Directorate review sooner or later. Do you think I
should just wait a couple of weeks and ask for the draft to be Working
Group Last Called if it seems appropriate at that time?

Thanks,
Donald

PS: For some reason [email-masked] is not
mapping correctly into the authors addresses. I have a message in to
the secretariat about fixing that.
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 19:54:14 +0100

Hi,

[note was a typo s/ierf/ietf/in the tools alias, fixed in this email]

I think best would be directed request to review on the ISIS list. Tell them you
believe the I-D is ready for last call and that you will ask for that after
Atlanta. Suggest now is a good time for IS-IS experts to have a look.

We can certainly kick off an "early" review.

Adrian

> Sent: 22 October 2012 19:20
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
draft-ierf-
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: Requesting a Routing Directorate review of