Subject: [RTG-DIR] RtgDir review: draft-ietf-spring-resiliency-use-cases-08

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 12:15:23 -0400

Hello,

I have been selected as the Routing Directorate reviewer for this draft.
The Routing Directorate seeks to review all routing or routing-related
drafts as they pass through IETF last call and IESG review, and
sometimes on special request. The purpose of the review is to provide
assistance to the Routing ADs. For more information about the Routing
Directorate, please see
​http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgDir

Although these comments are primarily for the use of the Routing ADs, it
would be helpful if you could consider them along with any other IETF
Last Call comments that you receive, and strive to resolve them through
discussion or by updating the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-spring-resiliency-use-cases-08
Reviewer: Lou Berger
Review Date: April 24
Intended Status: Informational

Summary:

    I have some minor comments about this document that I think would be
good, but not necessary, to be resolved before publication.

Comments:

This document is concise and clear.  I only have minor/nit level issues
that could be addressed before publication, but I don't think it
critical as the document is being published as Informational.

Major Issues:

	No major issues found.

Minor Issues:

- Section 2 mentions reversion, while sections 3 and 4 do not.
  This leaves reversion requirements open to interpretation.
  I suggest explicitly stating if reversion is a required
  option or not in sections 3 and 4 as well.

- Section 2 mentions 1:1 style path protection.  Past/other work
  on protection also allowed for / uses 1+1 style protection.  Is
  1+1 intentionally omitted? If not, I suggest allowing for it.

Nits:

>   referred to as local protection techniques or Fast Reroute
>   techniques.

References should be provided for each technique.

>    It is essential that the primary and backup path benefit from an end-
>    to-end liveness monitoring/verification.  The method and mechanisms
>    that provide such liveness check are outside the scope of this
>    document.

Given the importance of liveness monitoring, I think it would be worth
mentioned an example of such.

That's it!
Lou

---

From: "Stefano Previdi (sprevidi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 10:53:42 +0000

Hi Lou,

thanks for the comment. I integrated them in the new version I’ll submit asap.

Thanks.
s.

> On Apr 24, 2017, at 6:15 PM, Lou Berger <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hello,
>