Subject: [Rucus] fyi: VoIP competitors try to avoid spiting on their subscribers

From: ' =JeffH ' <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 16:01:22 -0700

conincidentally enuff, this msg appeared today amongst my mail influx shortly 
after the rucus BOF...

=JeffH

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:15:56 -0700
From:    [email-masked] (Dewayne Hendricks)
To:      Dewayne-Net Technology List <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Dewayne-Net] VoIP competitors try to avoid spiting on their subscribe
	  rs

VoIP competitors try to avoid spiting on their subscribers
Telecompetitor.com

Welcome to the world of SPIT, op SPam over Internet Telephony. It's 

the latest craze for spammers and it=92s causing headaches for VoIP 
providers like Skype. SPIT is very analogous to SPAM, where VoIP 
subscribers receive actual unsolicited telephone calls offering
typical SPAM type products like organ enlargement or weight loss
pitches. The difference with SPIT though is can be much more damaging

to a VoIP providers network because of the large bandwidth bottlenecks

it can create. If not kept in check, SPIT can cause serious quality of

service problems for VoIP providers, leading to a potential
competitive disadvantage.

<http://telecompetitor.com/node/546>

------- End of Forwarded Message

_______________________________________________
Rucus mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rucus