Subject: Re: [Rucus] Meeting Minutes from F2F at IETF#73

From: Dan York <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 11:14:21 -0500

Hadriel,

Thanks for adding your valuable perspective here (well, *I* find it  
valuable, anyway), and yes, I completely agree with you that this is  
one of the areas of highest concern.  It's the issue of expanding the  
"zone of trust" (or "trust domain" or whatever other phrase you want  
to use) as we interconnect the various different SIP clouds out  
there.  Do I trust everyone to whom you are connected to practice the  
same "safe SIP" practices that I do on my network?  And what happens  
when someone doesn't...

Thanks,
Dan

On Nov 27, 2008, at 9:03 AM, Hadriel Kaplan wrote:

> Anyway... so for me (not everyone), my concern is not about SPAM  
> from subscriber edge.  It's from SPAM through the peering  
> interconnects, from *peers*.  Because at some point in the future,  
> some provider in the interconnected islands of providers will  
> connect NoControlProvider.com into the chain, and all hell could  
> break loose.

-- 
Dan York, CISSP, Director of Emerging Communication Technology
Office of the CTO    Voxeo Corporation     [email-masked]
Phone: +1-407-455-5859  Skype: danyork  http://www.voxeo.com
Blogs: http://blogs.voxeo.com  http://www.disruptivetelephony.com

Build voice applications based on open standards.
Find out how at http://www.voxeo.com/free

_______________________________________________
Rucus mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rucus