Subject: [saag] [Russ Housley] Fwd: New Liaison Statement, "Liaison statement from JCA-IdM Co-conveners to IETF Security Area on initial meeting of JCA-IdM and IdM-GSI"

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 14:59:00 -0500

Subject: Fwd: New Liaison Statement, "Liaison statement from JCA-IdM Co-conveners to IETF Security Area on initial meeting of JCA-IdM and IdM-GSI"
From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 15:21:58 -0500

For your action....

>To: Scott Bradne <[email-masked]>
>Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked],
>         [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
>         [email-masked], [email-masked]
>From: Xiaoya Yang (ITU-T SG 17) <[email-masked]>
>Subject: New Liaison Statement, "Liaison statement from JCA-IdM
>          Co-conveners to IETF Security Area on initial meeting of JCA-IdM
>          and IdM-GSI"
>Reply-To: [email-masked]
>Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 11:07:24 -0500
>
>
>Title: Liaison statement from JCA-IdM Co-conveners to IETF Security 
>Area on initial meeting of JCA-IdM and IdM-GSI
>Submission Date: 2008-01-07
>URL of the IETF Web page: 
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/liaison_detail.cgi?detail_id=402
>Please reply by 2008-01-15
>
>From: Xiaoya Yang(ITU-T SG 17) <[email-masked]>
>To: IETF Security Area(Scott Bradne <[email-masked]>)
>Cc: [email-masked]
>[email-masked]
>[email-masked]
>Reponse Contact: [email-masked]
>Technical Contact: [email-masked]
>[email-masked]
>[email-masked]
>Purpose: For action
>Body: The Telecommunication Standards Advisory Group (TSAG) which 
>manages the overall work of the ITU-T, at its December 2007 meeting, 
>approved the creation of the Joint Coordination Activity on Identity 
>Management (JCA-IdM) together with a Global Standards Initiative for 
>Identity Management (IdM-GSI). The purpose of the JCA-IdM is to 
>coordinate the ITU-T Identity Management (IdM) work among ITU-T 
>Study Groups. Other SDOs, consortia and forums are invited to 
>nominate one or two representatives. The JCA-IdM will provide a 
>report on its work to the TSAG which next meets in July 2008. The 
>IdM-GSI is a grouping of ITU-T Study Group Rapporteur meetings 
>working on IdM for telecommunications.
>
>The membership of the JCA-IdM is composed of representatives from 
>the ITU Study Groups and invited representatives from recognized IdM 
>external SDOs, consortia and forums. It would be helpful if the ITU 
>Study Groups and forums external to the ITU could provide the 
>co-Conveners the name, organization, telephone number and email 
>address for one or two individuals that can serve as a 
>representative to the JCA-IdM.
>
>The first IdM-GSI event will occur on 18 and 21 January 2008 in 
>Seoul, Korea, and will involve Q.6/17 and Q.15/13. Representatives 
>from interested external SDOs, consortia and forums are invited to 
>contact the Rapporteurs (Abbie Barbir, [email-masked]; Igor 
>Faynberg, [email-masked]) if they want to participate.
>The first JCA-IdM meeting will occur on 22 January 2008 at the same 
>venue. For those who will not be able to attend in person, the 
>following telecommunication bridge will be available from 9 am to 6 
>pm, Seoul time (GMT +8):
>         Telephone Number: +33 1 58 99 29 15
>Please inform the co-Conveners of intended remote participation.
>More details of these IdM related events in Seoul are found in TSB 
>Circular 174, revision 1 
>(http://www.itu.int/md/meetingdoc.asp?lang=en&parent=T05-TSB-CIR-0174) 
>and available on the JCA-IdM website at 
>http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/jca/idm/index.html.
>Other IdM GSI events are planned during the 7  18 April 2008 SG 17 
>joint meeting with ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 6, and during the 14  23 May 
>NGN-GSI event. Both events will be held in Geneva. Detailed meeting 
>information (including final dates) will be available on the IdM-GSI 
>website at http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/idm/index.html.
>
>
>Contributions to the first JCA-IdM meeting
>For the first JCA-IdM meeting on 22 January, we request 
>contributions/briefings that describe:
>•       The IdM work that is occurring in your study 
>group/organization, to include objectives, scope, milestones and 
>other information that you believe would be useful to the JCA-IdM;
>•       Your views on new IdM work items that could be undertaken by 
>the ITU-T;
>•       What material in the reports of the Focus Group on IdM (see 
>Annex 3) are relevant to your activities and should be pursued by 
>your organization; and
>•       What is your definition and scope of IdM.
>Please send contributions to the TSB secretariat by electronic mail 
>to [email-masked] by Sunday midnight, Geneva time, 15 January 2008.
>Attachment(s):
>      Initial Meetings of the Joint Coordination Activity for 
> Identity Management (JCA IdM) and of the Global Standards 
> Initiative for Identity Management (IdM-GSI) 
> (https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file506.doc)