Subject: [saag] Network & Distributed System Security Symposium - Call for Papers

From: "Kevin Craemer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 14:32:50 -0400

Please consider responding to this Call for Papers.

Kevin Craemer
Internet Society

= = = = = = = = =

CALL FOR PAPERS

Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS '09)
The Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa
San Diego, California
February 8-11, 2009

Submissions due: September 12, 2008

NDSS fosters information exchange among research scientists and
practitioners of network and distributed system security services. The
target audience includes those interested in practical aspects of network
and distributed system security, with a focus on actual system design and
implementation (rather than theory). A major goal is to encourage and enable
the Internet community to apply, deploy, and advance the state of available
security technology. The proceedings are published by the Internet Society.
Submissions are solicited in, but not limited to, the following areas:

- Security of Web-based applications and services.
- Anti-malware techniques: detection, analysis, prevention.
- Intrusion prevention, detection, and response.
- Security for electronic voting.
- Combating cyber-crime: anti-phishing, anti-spam, anti-fraud techniques.
- Privacy and anonymity technologies.  
- Network perimeter controls: firewalls, packet filters, application
gateways.  
- Security for emerging technologies: sensor networks, wireless/mobile (and
ad hoc) networks, personal communication systems. 
- Security for peer-to-peer and overlay network systems.  
- Security for electronic commerce: e.g., payment, barter, EDI,
notarization, timestamping, endorsement, and licensing.  
- Implementation, deployment and management of network security policies.  
- Intellectual property protection: protocols, implementations, metering,
watermarking, digital rights management.  
- Integrating security services with system and application security
facilities and protocols.
- Public key infrastructures, key management, certification, and revocation.

- Special problems and case studies: e.g., tradeoffs between security and
efficiency, usability, reliability and cost.  
- Security for collaborative applications: teleconferencing and
video-conferencing.
- Software hardening: e.g., detecting and defending against software bugs
(overflows, etc.)  
- Security for large-scale systems and critical infrastructures. 
- Integrating security in Internet protocols: routing, naming, network
management.  

For more information, please see
http://www.isoc.org/isoc/conferences/ndss/09/