Subject: [saag] IETF 71 Kitten Working Group Summary

From: "Shawn M. Emery" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 13:42:55 -0600

The kitten-wg met Tuesday, 3/11/08, during the last afternoon session.

Co-chairs: Alexey Melnikov and Shawn Emery

The goals of the meeting were to go over the active working items and 
Milestones.

Important developments included both domain-based drafts:
draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-domain-based-names
draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-krb5-domain-based-names

clearing DISCUSS issues and are now in the RFC editor's queue.

IANA extension draft:
draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-extensions-iana-02

has made progress, but still needs more guidance for IANA. One solution 
provided would be to create an appendix with examples from existing 
mechanisms.  Editor will make these changes and we have volunteer 
reviewers before WGLC.

The channel-bindings clarification draft:
draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-channel-bindings-03

is close to starting WGLC after normative reference update to RFC5056.  
Currently needs Introduction and IANA Considerations sections before 
submitting.

New editor has volunteered to take over naming extensions ID:
draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-naming-exts-02

which needs the most work compared to the other drafts in the WG.

We have decided to spread out the work load by submitting WGLC on the 
Java bindings draft:
draft-ietf-kitten-rfc2853bis-03.

after the IANA, channel bindings, and the naming extensions draft.

Milestones have been pushed out.  Co-chairs will update with the new 
time lines shortly.

Shawn and Alexey.
--