Subject: [saag] HOKEY WG Summary

From: Charles Clancy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 13:15:28 -0400

HOKEY met Wednesday morning.  Most of the discussion related to the 
HOKEY key management draft, which describes how to distribute EAP 
session keys to various network entities.  Discussion resulted in 
consensus and a specific plan for how to move the document forward 
within the working group.  Specifically, the proposal involves 
simplifying the protocol to a single RT between the key recipient and 
the home AAA server, and relying on AAA security rather than 
implementing our own.

Document status:

HOKEY Re-authentication Problem Statement
draft-ietf-hokey-key-mgm
RFC Editor's Queue

EAP Reauthentication Extensions (ERX)
draft-ietf-hokey-erx
IESG Evaluation

EMSK Keying Hierarchy
draft-ietf-hokey-emsk-hierarchy
IETF Last Call

HOKEY Key Management
draft-ietf-hokey-key-mgm
Still under construction

Pre-authentication Problem Statement
draft-ietf-hokey-preauth-ps
WGLC to start soon

-- 
Dr. Charles Clancy                     www.ltsnet.net/~clancy
Senior Researcher, Laboratory for Telecommunications Sciences