Subject: [saag] IETF72 SASL summary

From: Tom Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 05:54:39 -0400

Simple Authentication And Security Layer (SASL)
IETF72, Dublin, IE

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 at 15:20-17:20
=====================================

Chairs:

Tom Yu <[email-masked]>
Kurt Zeilenga <[email-masked]>

====================

Thanks to Larry Zhu for scribing.

draft-ietf-sasl-crammd5-10 - answer outstanding comments, new rev to
IESG with Informational status and explicitly marking 2195 Historic.

draft-ietf-sasl-gs2-10 - need rev; gated on SCRAM (which would be the
first user of the framework)

draft-melnikov-digest-to-historic-00 - expired; awaiting SCRAM

draft-newman-auth-scram-06 - new doc available

Chairs have been lame about rechartering; will get that back on
track.  Chairs will produce biweekly summary of who currently has the
ball for each task.

Alexey Melnikov talks about SCRAM.  Some discussion about channel
binding, extensibility, and per-user PBKDF2 iteration counts.  Desire
for LDAP attribute for storing SCRAM authentication information.
Chris Newman will not implement SCRAM if nobody writes about how to
store its auth info in LDAP.  Sam Hartman and Nico Williams have some
rough ABNF describing how to turn SCRAM into a GS2 mechanism; it still
needs work.

Stefan Santesson talks about non-WG document about HTTP digest with
channel binding to TLS.

Kurt talks about revising SASLprep.  It currently references
stringprep, which references a fixed Unicode version.  The new
approach uses Unicode parameters, and is more immune to Unicode
updates.

Milestones:

Aug 08 - send impl. questionnaire (Chris sent during WG session!)
Aug 08 - 4422bis - editorial revisions
Sep 08 - 4422bis WGLC
Oct 08 - SCRAM WGLC
Nov 08 - SCRAM to IESG
Nov 08 - impl. report
_______________________________________________
saag mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag