Subject: [saag] Request for review of an upcoming NIST document on firewalls

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 08:15:21 -0700

Greetings. I have excerpted a recent NIST request for comments on a 
pending document below. I am the co-author of the document, and we 
really do want suggestions from the firewall side of the security 
community on the document.

NIST SP 800 documents are long-lived and are relied on by a very 
large audience, particularly by people throughout the US government. 
Improvements that can be made to this draft now will help people 
buying and administering firewalls for many years.

If you would, please take the time to read the draft. If you find 
anything, large or small, please send comments to the NIST address 
listed. (Sending comments to me is not a good idea because I can't 
just make changes at this stage; they should go through the NIST 
review process.) Every comment will be read and many will have direct 
effects on the content of the final document.

Also, please pass this along to anyone in your organization who might 
have time to review the document. Thanks in advance!

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

>3. Draft SP 800-41 Revision 1, Guidelines on Firewalls and Firewall 
>Policy, provides recommendations on developing firewall policies and 
>on selecting, configuring, testing, deploying, and managing 
>firewalls. The publication covers a number of firewall technologies, 
>including packet filtering, stateful inspection, application-proxy 
>gateways, host-based, and personal firewalls. SP 800-41 Revision 1 
>updates the original publication, which was released in 2002. NIST 
>requests comments on draft SP 800-41 Revision 1 by August 15, 2008. 
>Please submit comments to [email-masked] with "Comments SP 
>800-41" in the subject line.
>
>URL: http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/PubsDrafts.html#800-41-Rev1
_______________________________________________
saag mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag