Subject: [saag] PKIX minutes summary

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:38:21 -0400

PKIX Meeting Minutes summary

PKIX met once,  Wednesday afternoon, for 2 hours and there were
approximately 65 attendees.

Four PKIX RFCs have been published (5280, 5272-74) since the March
meeting, and there are eight documents in process. Half of these are
standards track, two informational, and two experimental.

Sean Turner described the updates to RFC 3279/4055 (to accommodate
the agreed-upon ECC algorithm parameter representation conventions)
and noted that these are essentially done. The only outstanding issue
is whether the document should make use of the ASN.1 2002 syntax for
its modules.  Tim Polk will advise the WG on this.

Speaking of 2002 ASN.1 modules, Jim Schaad presented an update on the
work in this area. Although there is some additional work and compiler
debugging to be completed, the major open question here is how many
of the ASN.1 modules in various PKIX documents should be included in
this document, since some of them have very minor changes under the
news syntax.

Carl Wallace provided a top level review of the Trust Anchor
management requirements I-D that was posted about a month ago. His
plan is to receive WG feedback on the requirements and protocols vs.
requirements analysis, and then publish it as an informational RFC.
There was discussion of whether the format for TA data should be part
of the TA management protocol (TAMP) document, or whether it should
be stand alone. There was a strong sentiment that the TA format
should be a separate document, to allow folks to use it, even if they
do not choose to use TAMP. Steve Kent noted that there is relevant
ongoing work in SIDR re trust anchor for te RPKI, and that there
should be coordination between the two WGs in this regard.

Max Pala, SangHwan Park and Stephen Farrell made brief presentations
on their documents, (PKI Resource Query Protocol, Traceable Anonymous
Certificates and the Other Certificates Extension), which are WG
items targeted to experimental status.

Phillip Hallam-Baker made a brief presentation on the problem need
for algorithm agility in OCSP. Sean Turner made a brief presentation
on his document describing two extensions that support subject and
authority clearance info, discussing revisions he made to the
document after prior comments. The WG chairs agreed to conduct a
straw poll on making each of these  WG items, next month
_______________________________________________
saag mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag