Subject: [saag] Pasi's AD Notes for October 2008

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 13:35:22 +0200

Hi all,

Here's again a short status update about what things are going on 
from my point-of-view. If you notice anything that doesn't look
right, let me know -- miscommunication and mix-ups do happen.

Best regards,
Pasi

MISC NOTES

- There'll be one security-related BoF in IETF73: OAuth in the 
  applications area. 
- SecDir mailing list was moved to ietf.org -- remember to use
  the new address when sending reviews.
- Tim and I have been planning the SAAG agenda for Minneapolis.
  It's the last slot before dinner on Thursday, so we're hoping 
  to keep it quite short, though.
- Lars Eggert and I talked with the Outpost24 guys about the
  TCP DoS vulnerabilities they've found; we're meeting CERT-FI 
  folks next week, and hope to get more details (probably under 
  NDA for now).
- I've continued tools development, and tried to sort out the 
  process (from both Nokia and IETF/AMS points of view) of how to 
  actually contribute code and get it running. Not completely 
  successful yet, but making progress.
- Big thanks to Paul Hoffman for fixing the spam problem in 
  PKIX mailing list archives (not a single spam after the fix; 
  used to be about 40%).
- Working with IANA on fixing the IANA registries for RFC 4909 
  (needed for draft-jerichow-msec-mikey-genext-oma).
- Some discussions about allocating more IPv4/IPv6 addresses 
  for documentation/example use, but nothing conclusive so far.

WORKING GROUPS

DKIM
- draft-ietf-dkim-ssp: in AD Evaluation -- I sent my AD review 
  comments, and I'm waiting for revised ID or reply.
- draft-ietf-dkim-overview: in Publication Requested, waiting 
  for me to read it.
- Waiting for WG to send list of RFC errata IDs the WG agrees on.
- The work items are almost done; some discussions on the list
  about rechartering or winding down.

EMU
- draft-ietf-emu-gpsk: in IETF Last Call (ends 2008-11-03), on
  agenda of 2008-11-06 IESG telechat.
- EMU WG received a liaison statement reply from ITU-T SG 17
  regarding X.1034, "Guidelines on EAP-based authentication and 
  key management in a data communication network".
- (not WG item) draft-arkko-eap-aka-kdf went through IETF Last 
  call; now doing final checks to make sure everything is aligned 
  here and in relevant 3GPP specs.

IPSECME
- (not wearing AD hat) I need to check that my comments got entered 
  into the issue tracker, and reply to Paul about some of them.
- (not wearing AD hat) Waiting for Russ to verify errata #1502
  for RFC 4718 [since 2008-09-12]

ISMS
- I haven't managed to read the mailing list at all this month;
  I really need to do so.

KEYPROV
- I need to put more time into KEYPROV in November and December;
  the WG is over a year behind its milestones, and it doesn't
  look like the documents are anywhere near ready. 

SASL
- SASL WG was rechartered.

SYSLOG
- draft-ietf-syslog-transport-tls: was approved and is now in 
  RFC Editor Queue
- draft-ietf-syslog-sign: there has been a bunch of replies to my
  AD evaluation comments that I need to read and process, but I 
  haven't done so yet. However, I'm hoping to see a revised ID that 
  would address those concerns where everyone agrees what should 
  be done.
- draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-eventmess: this is in RFC Editor Queue, but  
  had references to documents syslog WG decided to drop -- big thanks
  to David Harrington and Richard Woundy for getting this fixed.

TLS
- draft-ietf-tls-des-idea: in Publication Requested state,  waiting 
  for Tim to review this (since I'm the editor) [since 2008-10-20]
- draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk: hoping the WG will soon request 
  publication and send the shepherd write-up etc.
- draft-ietf-tls-psk-new-mac-aes-gcm: same as ecdhe-psk.
- Certicom has posted an updated statement about ECC IPR
  (http://www.certicom.com/index.php/ip-contributions), which 
  probably will also appear in the IETF IPR tool soon.  Joe Salowey 
  has asked them about including draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk in the 
  list of documents.
- (not WG item) draft-rescorla-tls-suiteb: on agenda of 
  2008-11-06 IESG telechat.

OTHER DOCUMENTS

- draft-ietf-avt-rtcpssm: Joerg replied on 2008-10-27 about the
  "feedback debug" messages; I need to read his email and reply.
- draft-ietf-pkix-cmp-transport-protocols: It seems some folks are 
  interested in reviving this long-expired draft, so that current 
  implementation behavior is documented somewhere. I've promised
  to read and comment if/when something is submitted.
- draft-randall-3447bis: James Randall posted the -00 draft; 
  I should read this and comment.
- draft-ietf-mpls-mpls-and-gmpls-security-framework: I've promised 
  to read this once there's a new version.
- "Security roadmap for routing protocols": I've promised to read
  and comment this once Gregory sends something.
- draft-mattsson-srtp-store-and-forward: I've promised to read 
  this and send comments, but haven't done so yet.
  
DISCUSSES (active -- something happened within last month)

- draft-ietf-enum-experiences: the authors have replied to my
  updated discuss; I need to read their message and reply 
  [since 2008-10-27]
- draft-ietf-dime-mip6-integrated: waiting for authors to submit 
  a revised ID [since 2008-10-29]
- draft-ietf-mip6-whyauthdataoption: waiting for authors to submit 
  a revised ID, and reply to some of my comments [since 2008-10-29]
- draft-ietf-mipshop-mstp-solution: I need to check version -08
  and talk with Jari and the authors about what's the best 
  way to handle this document [since 2008-10-20]
- draft-ietf-pce-pcep: version -16 addressed all my major concerns; 
  I hope to see a revised ID fixing the remaining things before 
  the submission cut-off date [since 2008-10-30]
- draft-ietf-simple-imdn: version -09 addressed most of my comments;
  waiting for the authors to reply to the remaining ones 
  [since 2008-10-27]
- draft-ietf-sip-fork-loop-fix: version -08 was submitted recently;
  I need to check that my concerns were addressed [since 2008-10-29]
- draft-ietf-sip-xcapevent: waiting for revised ID or RFC Editor
  Note to fix the ABNF/XML bugs [since 2008-10-24]
- draft-ietf-sipping-policy-package: waiting for more information
  from from Mary or Jon [since 2008-10-28]
- draft-ietf-tsvwg-emergency-rsvp: I moved to "abstain" position.

DISCUSSES (stalled -- I haven't heard anything from the authors 
or document shepherd for over one month)

- draft-cain-post-inch-phishingextns: waiting for authors to reply 
  to my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-08-28]
- draft-cam-winget-eap-fast-provisioning: waiting for authors to 
  reply to my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-08-28]
- draft-ietf-lemonade-msgevent: waiting for authors to submit
  a revised ID [since 2008-09-08]
- draft-ietf-sieve-refuse-reject: waiting for authors to reply
  to my comments [since 2008-09-11]
- draft-zhou-emu-fast-gtc: changes probably agreed, waiting for authors
  to submit a revised ID to see exact text [since 2008-08-28]

DISCUSSES (presumed dead -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over three months)

- draft-ietf-bfd-base: waiting for authors to reply to my 
  comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-06-05]
- draft-ietf-bfd-multihop: waiting for authors to reply to 
  my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-06-05]
- draft-ietf-bfd-v4v6-1hop: waiting for authors to reply to 
  my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-06-05]
- draft-ietf-shim6-proto: waiting for Erik to propose something 
  to solve IPsec interaction issue [since 2008-06-18]

--end--
_______________________________________________
saag mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag