Subject: Re: [saag] Call for Participation: IETF 73 MAC Labeling Bar BOF

From: Sean Shen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 14:47:23 +0800

hi, Dave,
I am not clear about the prospective topics of the bar bof. Can you point me
to the 3 draft you mentioned?
Thanks

Sean

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
>Behalf Of David P. Quigley
>Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 6:06 AM
>To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
>[email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
>[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
>Subject: [saag] Call for Participation: IETF 73 MAC Labeling Bar BOF
>
>Hello, 
>
>I am organizing a Bar BOF to discuss the use of security 
>labels in IETF protocols. Recently there have been at least 
>three drafts introduced to the IETF which deal with security 
>labels. While there may be other drafts in the work that deal 
>with this topic, from the three I've seen there is at least 
>one issue where myself and others believe we need to reach a 
>consensus. 
>
>According to the IETF 73 cutoff dates list we won't know the 
>final agenda for the event until October 27th. Once this date 
>rolls around I will post a list of suggested dates and times 
>for the BOF to take place. I also need to figure out where in 
>the hotel to host the BOF. As the name suggests we can hold it 
>in the hotel's bar, however another suggestion has been to get 
>a room at a restaurant and hold the meeting over dinner. 
>Depending on the interest in this BOF neither of these options 
>may accommodate the number of people interested. In that case 
>I'll have to see if I can find a more suitable place to hold the BOF.
>Hopefully I will have this information to you before we arrive 
>at IETF 73 but if I don't I'll make sure I inform everyone of 
>where I will post the information.
>
>As of right now I have four people interested in the BOF and I 
>hope to have more as time passes. I would like to be able to 
>create a mailing list for the BOF but unfortunately I am not 
>able to do that where I am. If someone else would like to host 
>the mailing list (Not to be taken as a solicitation by the US
>Govt) that would be great. For now if you are interested in 
>the BOF feel free to email me so I have an idea of the general 
>interest.
>
>The current agenda only has one item on it and that is the 
>specification of a DOI. In the recent weeks I've read three 
>drafts that have three different specifications of Domains of 
>Interpretation (DOIs). While this is the only thing I have at 
>the moment if you have other suggestions for topics or drafts 
>you would like to discuss please bring them to my attention so 
>I can make sure to add them to the agenda.
>
>Dave Quigley
>
>_______________________________________________
>saag mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag
>

_______________________________________________
saag mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag

---

From: "David P. Quigley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 13:41:31 -0400

Hello,
    Sorry for taking so long to respond to this but I was out sick the
better part of last week. The three documents are listed below and one
of them is attached to the email since it was an RFC posting to the
SELinux mailing list. That attachment is by Joy Latten of IBM and
pertains to labeled IPsec.

MAC Security Label Requirements for NFSv4
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-quigley-nfsv4-sec-label-requirements-01.txt

Common Architecture Label IPv6 Security Option (CALIPSO)
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-stjohns-sipso-05.txt

Two attached Documents by Joy Latten for Labeled IPSec

Dave