Subject: [saag] W3C Workshop on Security Models for Device APIs

From: Thomas Roessler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 10:22:55 +0200

Hello,

we're seeing an increasing amount of interest in using Web  
technologies (i.e., HTML, JavaScript and friends) as a platform for  
software development outside the browser sandbox. The mobile sector  
seems particularly keen to use this environment as a portable runtime  
for all kinds of software.

With that interest comes an increasing amount of pressure to add and  
standardize all kinds of APIs (from address books and telephone  
modules to geolocation [the latter is the topic of a recently-started  
working group]), and to come up with a useful model for controlling  
access to these APIs -- both in the browser and widget cases.

We're workshopping the topic on 10/11 December in London; position  
papers (1-5 pages) are due by 30 October.

Call for participation:

   http://www.w3.org/2008/security-ws/

Dominique Hazaël-Massieux (copied on this message) is the Team contact  
for this workshop; if you have any questions, feel free to contact him  
or me.

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
saag mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag