Subject: [saag] Pasi's AD Notes for February 2009

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 10:47:08 +0100

Here's again a short status update about what things are going on from
my point-of-view. If you notice anything that doesn't look right, let
me know -- miscommunication and mix-ups do happen.

Best regards,
Pasi

MISC NOTES
- (not wearing AD hat): Errata #1628 (for RFC 4742): waiting for
  NETCONF WG chairs/Dan to confirm this [since 2009-02-26]

WORKING GROUPS

DKIM
- Lot of discussion about draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871-errata 
  (and I haven't read all the emails).
- draft-ietf-dkim-ssp: waiting for the errata dust to settle.
- draft-ietf-dkim-overview: I sent my AD review comments; 
  waiting for comments/revised ID [since 2009-02-27]
- Waiting for WG to send list of RFC errata IDs (the current
  ones not related to d=/i=) the WG agrees on.

EMU
- draft-ietf-emu-gpsk: now published as RFC 5433
- Discussions about EAP-FAST and EAP-MSCHAPv2

IPSECME
- (not WG document) draft-bellovin-useipsec was published as RFC 5406
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect went to WGLC

ISMS
- I hope we're ready to start IETF Last Call very soon

KEYPROV
- PSKC went to WGLC
- IPR disclosure from VeriSign 

PKIX
- Note: I'm shepherding two PKIX drafts where Tim is a co-author
- draft-ietf-pkix-ecc-subpubkeyinfo: in RFC Editor queue/AUTH48 -- 
  waiting for Sean to get 5378 OK from Microsoft [since 2009-02-07]
- draft-ietf-pkix-rfc4055-update: changes needed to address
  the discusses agreed; waiting for authors to submit a revised ID
  [since 2009-02-10]

SASL
- Lot of discussion about SCRAM/GS2

SYSLOG
- The main WG documents should come out as RFC 542x any day now
- draft-ietf-syslog-sign: I finally reviewed version -24 (apologies
  for taking so long), and sent my remaining comments (which should 
  be easy to handle); waiting for the authors to submit a revised 
  ID before starting IEF Last Call [since 2009-02-05]

TLS
- draft-ietf-tls-des-idea: now published as RFC 5469
- draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk: was approved by IESG; now in RFC 
  Editor queue
- draft-ietf-tls-psk-new-mac-aes-gcm: now in RFC Editor queue
- Verified errata #1585 for RFC 5246
- The tls-authz saga continues...

OTHER DOCUMENTS

- draft-lebovitz-kmart-roadmap: now that -00 was posted, I have
  promised to comment and contribute.
- draft-ietf-mpls-mpls-and-gmpls-security-framework: I've promised
  to read this.
- "Applicability guidance for security protocols": Tim and I have
  promised to write something that would help in determining which
  security mechanism (e.g. TLS, IPsec, SASL, GSS-API, ..) to use
  for a new higher-layer protocol.

DISCUSSES (active -- something happened within last month)

- draft-ietf-bfd-base: version -09 addressed some of my concerns,
  but not all -- waiting for authors to reply or submit a revised 
  ID [since 2009-02-13]
- draft-ietf-calsify-rfc2445bis: waiting for authors to reply to my
  comment [since 2009-02-02]
- draft-ietf-dime-qos-parameters: waiting for authors to propose
  text or submit a revised ID [since 2009-02-26]
- draft-ietf-enum-combined: waiting for authors to reply if they're
  OK with proposed text [since 2009-02-26]
- draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec: waiting for authors to submit 
  a revised ID [since 2009-02-13]
- draft-ietf-l2tpext-tdm: waiting for Mark to do something about
  the downref [since 2009-02-07]
- draft-ietf-roll-urban-routing-reqs: version -04 addressed many
  of my comments; waiting for authors to propose text for the
  remaining ones  [since 2009-02-06]
- draft-ietf-softwire-encaps-ipsec: waiting for me to read Lou's email
  about pre-created SAs [since 2009-02-23]; waiting for the authors to
  reply about IKE initiator authentication [since 2009-02-23]
- draft-ietf-softwire-hs-framework-l2tpv2: waiting for me to
  read Carlos's email [since 2009-02-26]
- draft-igoe-secsh-aes-gcm: waiting for Tim to propose solution
  to FIPS validation problem and solicit opinions from others 
  [since 2009-02-20]
- draft-stjohns-sipso: I think we might have rough agreement on changes; 
  waiting for authors to submit a revised ID [since 2009-02-26]

DISCUSSES (stalled -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over one month)

- draft-cain-post-inch-phishingextns: authors have promised a new
  version some time in February [since 2009-01-29]
- draft-cheshire-dnsext-nbp: waiting for authors to reply to my
  comments [since 2008-12-03]
- draft-ietf-monami6-multiplecoa: some text agreed, waiting
  for authors to reply to my remaining comments [since 2009-01-28]
- draft-ietf-ospf-lls: waiting for a revised ID or RFC Editor Notes
  to address my remaining comments [since 2009-01-19]
- draft-ietf-radext-management-authorization: waiting for authors to
  reply to my comments [since 2009-01-28]

DISCUSSES (presumed dead -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over three months)

- draft-ietf-vrrp-unified-spec: waiting for authors to propose
  text [since 2008-11-07]
- draft-ietf-sip-xcapevent: waiting for revised ID or RFC Editor
  Note to fix the ABNF/XML bugs [since 2008-10-24]
- draft-ietf-sipping-policy-package: waiting for more information
  from Mary or Jon [since 2008-10-28]

--end--