Subject: [saag] syslog WG report

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 14:02:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Syslog WG Report
chairs: Chris Lonvick, Dave Harrington

syslog did not meet at IETF 74

Milestones in our current charter:

* syslog-protocol was published as RFC5424
* syslog-tls was published as RFC5425
* syslog-udp was published as RFC5426
* syslog-tc-mib is in the RFC Ed's Queue awaiting update of MIB copyright 
boilerplate
* syslog-sign is in AD Evaluation and a revised ID is needed

There are ongoing discussions about whether to recharter in the Security 
Area, or to recharter into the OPS Area, or to close.  Most proposed 
topics and new goals are not securit related.  Many of these are date 
modelling SDEs, or translating between syslog and other network management 
protocols such as SNMP.

Thanks,
David and Chris