Subject: [saag] Pasi's AD Notes for April 2009

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 08:04:48 +0200

Here's again a short status update about what things are going on from
my point-of-view. If you notice anything that doesn't look right, let
me know -- miscommunication and mix-ups do happen.

Best regards,
Pasi

MISC NOTES
- Edited and posted SAAG minutes
- We have received a liaison statement from ITU-T SG 17;  I and Tim 
  are preparing a response (sent to SAAG list for comments)
- Deployed some new code for datatracker.ietf.org, more 
  coming soon...
- Some CSS etc. work for the IETF website redesign
- IESG will meet face-to-face on May 11-12
- (not wearing AD hat): Errata #1628 (for RFC 4742): waiting for
  NETCONF WG chairs/Dan to confirm this [since 2009-02-26]

WORKING GROUPS

DKIM
- draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871-errata: in IETF Last Call (ends 2009-05-08)
- draft-ietf-dkim-overview: in IETF Last Call (ends 2009-05-08)
- draft-ietf-dkim-ssp: waiting for the WG to converge on text for
  Section 2.7.
- Waiting for WG to send list of RFC errata IDs (the non-controversial
  ones, not related to d=/i=) the WG agrees on.

EMU
- Quiet month

IPSECME
- Virtual interim meeting scheduled for 2009-05-05
- Some cleaning/fixing of IANA registries for IPsec/IKEv1/IKEv2
- Looking into fixing the IANA registrations of RFC 4543; I have
  the token to send email to WG list.
- (not wearing hats) draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-ipv6-config: I promised
  to update the draft (clean it, address TBDs) so it would be ready 
  for WGLC (as Experimental) if this path is chosen by WG.

ISMS
- draft-ietf-isms-secshell, draft-ietf-isms-tmsm, and
  draft-ietf-isms-transport-security-model, draft-ietf-isms-radius-usage: 
  went through IETF Last Call, on the agenda of the 2009-05-07 IESG 
  telechat.
- Discussions about rechartering; waiting for concrete proposal  
  from David/Jeff/Wes/etc.

KEYPROV
- I need to catch up with the latest emails...

PKIX
- draft-ietf-pkix-rfc4055-update: in RFC Editor queue, waiting
  for 3281update draft (not a normative reference, but authors
  preferred it this way).

SASL
- Lot of emails about SCRAM/GS2

SYSLOG
- draft-ietf-syslog-sign: waiting for the authors to propose text
  for the remaining issue [since 2009-04-06]

TLS
- Hoping to get Publication Request for draft-ietf-tls-extractor soon...
- (not WG items) Two IPR disclosures related to draft-badra-hajjeh-mtls
  and draft-badra-tls-multiplexing
- (not WG item yet) Apparently some folks are interested in getting
  draft-rescorla-tls-extended-random published (and an implementation
  exists). I was hoping to see a presentation in San Francisco, but
  that didn't happen -- perhaps something happens on the mailing list.
- (not WG item yet) I need to talk with the chairs and Michael
  about what to do with Mobi-D

OTHER DOCUMENTS

- draft-lebovitz-kmart-roadmap: I need to read this and 
  comment/contribute.
- "Applicability guidance for security protocols": Tim and I have
  promised to write something that would help in determining which
  security mechanism (e.g. TLS, IPsec, SASL, GSS-API, ..) to use
  for a new higher-layer protocol.

DISCUSSES (active -- something happened within last month)

- draft-atlas-icmp-unnumbered: waiting for authors to reply to
  my comments [since 2009-04-21]
- draft-ietf-dime-mip6-split: text ok, waiting for Dan to re-do
  the IETF last call [since 2009-04-28]
- draft-ietf-ipfix-file: waiting for authors to reply to my
  comments [since 2009-04-23]
- draft-ietf-l2tpext-tdm: waiting for Ralph to re-do the IETF 
  last call [since 2009-04-21]
- draft-ietf-lemonade-streaming: I think we have rough agreement
  on the changes; waiting for the authors to submit a revised ID 
  [since 2009-04-28]
- draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto: waiting for authors to reply to
  my email or submit a revised ID [since 2009-04-16]
- draft-ietf-radext-management-authorization: changes agreed,
  waiting for authors to submit a revised ID [since 2009-04-20]
- draft-ietf-softwire-security-requirements: text agreed, waiting
  for authors to submit a revised ID [since 2009-04-27]
- draft-igoe-secsh-aes-gcm: waiting for Tim to conclude what
  changes are needed to the draft [latest email 2009-04-21]

DISCUSSES (stalled -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over one month)

- draft-ietf-bfd-base: text agreed, waiting for authors to submit 
  a revised ID [since 2009-03-19]
- draft-ietf-ospf-lls: version -07 did not address my comments;
  waiting for a revised ID or RFC Editor Notes [since 2009-03-19]

DISCUSSES (presumed dead -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over three months)

- draft-cain-post-inch-phishingextns: authors have promised a new
  version some time in February [since 2009-01-29]
- draft-cheshire-dnsext-nbp: waiting for authors to reply to my
  comments [since 2008-12-03]
- draft-ietf-vrrp-unified-spec: waiting for authors to propose
  text [since 2008-11-07] (but talked briefly with Radia at IETF74)
- draft-ietf-sip-xcapevent: waiting for revised ID or RFC Editor
  Note to fix the ABNF/XML bugs [since 2008-10-24]
- draft-ietf-sipping-policy-package: waiting for more information
  from Mary or Jon [since 2008-10-28]

--end--