Subject: [saag] FCC Communications Security, Reliability, and Interoperability Council

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 16:16:51 -0400

This may be of interest to some people on this list.

Russ

= = = = = = = = =

The FCC said it is seeking nominations and expressions of interest 
for membership on the Communications
Security, Reliability, and Interoperability Council, which provides 
guidance and expertise on communications infrastructure and public 
safety communications. The FCC last month renewed the charter for the 
council through March 18, 2011. Interested parties should send 
nominations or expressions of interest by May 11. Acting Chairman 
Michael Copps has moved to reinvigorate a number of advisory 
committees since he took charge in January. Key advisory panels like 
the North American Numbering Council had largely languished under 
predecessor Kevin Martin. "Copps does seem to favor bringing in the 
private sector and experts to help solve problems and to amplify the 
FCC's own expertise," said a regulatory attorney Friday. "He has said 
that ... he clearly wants to get things jumpstarted." Copps also 
feels a "comfort level" that the time is ripe to relaunch some of the 
advisory committees given that the DTV transition appears to be going 
well, the attorney said.