Subject: [saag] Pasi's AD Notes for June 2009

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 21:58:25 +0200

Here's again a short status update about what things are going on from
my point-of-view. If you notice anything that doesn't look right, let
me know -- miscommunication and mix-ups do happen.

Best regards,
Pasi

MISC NOTES
 
- I will be on parental leave/vacation (not reading email) starting
  from today; I'll be back on July 20, and the next AD notes will be
  posted in August.
- We received a liaison statement from ITU-T regarding identity
  management. Tim and I need to organize a reply.
- EAPFIX BOF proposal was discussed on the IESG BOF call (Jari 
  handled most of this)
- Looking into appointing security advisor for ROLL WG with Tim
  (currently Adrian has the ball)
- Preparing SAAG agenda for IETF75 with Tim
- (not wearing AD hat): Errata #1628 (for RFC 4742): waiting for
  NETCONF WG chairs/Dan to confirm this [since 2009-02-26] (some 
  emails in May, but not done yet)

WORKING GROUPS

DKIM
- draft-ietf-dkim-overview: was approved by IESG, now in RFC
  Editor queue
- draft-ietf-dkim-ssp: waiting for Magnus to get back from his
  leave and clear his DISCUSS [since 2009-06-08]
- I still need to review what to do about errata 1385, 1532, and 1596
- draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871-errata: waiting for Adrian to clear his
  DISCUSS [since 2009-06-11], and Dave/Cullen/Barry/Stephen to tell 
  me when we have acceptable text for the introduction.

EMU
- Quiet month so far...

IPSECME
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect (not wearing AD hat; Tim 
  is handling this one): in IETF Last Call until 2009-06-30
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-ipv6-config (not wearing AD hat): 
  I submitted an updated version; waiting for chairs to decide
  the next steps.
- Working on fixing the IANA registrations of RFC 4543; currently
  waiting for IANA [since 2009-06-11]
- Verified errata 1654 for RFC 4303

ISMS
- draft-ietf-isms-secshell, draft-ietf-isms-tmsm, and
  draft-ietf-isms-transport-security-model: in RFC Editor queue/AUTH48;
  should be published as RFCs in couple of days.
- draft-ietf-isms-radius-usage: was approved by IESG, now in 
  RFC Editor queue
- Recharter text sent for IETF review, might be approved
  on 2009-07-02 IESG telechat
- Looking for new co-chair...

KEYPROV
- WGLC for PSKC

PKIX
- draft-ietf-pkix-rfc4055-update: in RFC Editor queue, waiting for
  smime-3851bis draft (not a normative reference, but authors
  preferred it this way), which is waiting for several other drafts
  (including pkix-3281update and pkix-sha2-dsa-ecdsa).

SASL
- Change control for TLS channel bindings has been transferred
  to IETF (big thanks to Larry and Sam!), and Nico has revived 
  draft-altman-tls-channel-bindings to publish them as RFC. When 
  I'm back I need to talk with Nico to see what (if anything) 
  needs to happen before moving this draft forward.

SYSLOG
- draft-ietf-syslog-sign: waiting for authors to confirm what changes
  are still needed for version -26 [since 2009-06-17]
- Some discussions about rechartering

TLS
- draft-ietf-tls-extractor: in AD evaluation, waiting for Eric to 
  submit a revised draft [since 2009-05-27]
- draft-ietf-tls-rfc4366-bis: went through WGLC; waiting for
  authors to submit a revised draft, and WG chairs to send 
  a publication request soon...
- Looking into errata #117 (for RFC 4346)
- (not WG item yet) I need to talk with the chairs and Michael
  about what to do with Mobi-D

OTHER DOCUMENTS

- draft-lebovitz-kmart-roadmap: I need to read this and 
  comment/contribute.
- "Applicability guidance for security protocols": Tim and I have
  promised to write something that would help in determining which
  security mechanism (e.g. TLS, IPsec, SASL, GSS-API, ..) to use
  for a new higher-layer protocol.

DISCUSSES (active -- something happened within last month)

- draft-housley-aes-key-wrap-with-pad: waiting for Russ to
  talk with his coauthor to see how to support 1..8 octet plaintexts
  [since 2009-06-18]
- draft-ietf-dime-diameter-api: waiting for Dan to get WG's opinion 
  on whether this will be useful and if yes, why [since 2009-06-18]
- draft-ietf-ltans-dssc: waiting for authors to reply to my 
  comments [since 2009-06-18]
- draft-ietf-netlmm-pmip6-ipv4-support: waiting for authors
  to propose text or submit a revised ID [since 2009-06-11]
- draft-ietf-ntp-autokey: waiting for Ralph to get more
  information from WG [since 2009-06-18]
- draft-igoe-secsh-aes-gcm: text agreed, waiting for authors
  to submit a revised ID. I've cleared my DISCUSS so that my
  leave doesn't block this for additional month -- Tim will
  check that the text is as we agreed before approving this.

DISCUSSES (stalled -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over one month)

- draft-atlas-icmp-unnumbered: waiting for authors to reply to
  my comments [since 2009-04-21]
- draft-ietf-ipfix-file: waiting for authors to reply to my
  comments [since 2009-04-23]
- draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto: waiting for authors to reply to
  my email or submit a revised ID [since 2009-04-16]

DISCUSSES (presumed dead -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over three months)

- draft-cain-post-inch-phishingextns: authors have promised a new
  version some time in February [since 2009-01-29]
- draft-cheshire-dnsext-nbp: waiting for authors to reply to my
  comments [since 2008-12-03] (pinged again on 2009-04-30 and
  2009-06-09)
- draft-ietf-bfd-base: text agreed, waiting for authors to submit 
  a revised ID [since 2009-03-19] (pinged again on 2009-04-30
  and 2009-06-09)
- draft-ietf-vrrp-unified-spec: waiting for authors to propose
  text [since 2008-11-07] (but talked briefly with Radia at IETF74)
- draft-ietf-sipping-policy-package: waiting for draft-ietf-sipping-
  media-policy-dataset to progress (or more information from Robert)
  [since 2008-10-28]

--end--