Subject: [saag] SASL IETF75 summary

From: Tom Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 05:22:20 -0400

Simple Authentication And Security Layer (SASL)
IETF75, Stockholm, Sweden

Monday, July 27, 15:20--17:20
=============================

Chairs:

Tom Yu <[email-masked]>
Kurt Zeilenga <[email-masked]>

Scribe: Peter Saint-Andre

Jabber:
http://jabber.ietf.org/logs/sasl/2009-07-27.txt

Audio:
ftp://videolab.uoregon.edu/pub/videolab/media/ietf75/ietf75-mon-rm300-pm.mp3

Agenda slides:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/75/slides/sasl-0.pdf

GS2 slide:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/75/slides/sasl-1.pdf

====================

- draft-ietf-sasl-gs2-14 -- in WGLC
- draft-ietf-sasl-scram-02 -- in WGLC
- draft-ietf-sasl-4422bis-01 -- not much progress, mostly editorial
- changes
- draft-ietf-sasl-channel-bindings-03 -- some revisions, as side
  effect of SCRAM/GS2 discussion

SCRAM and GS2 in WGLC (concluding Aug. 3); mostly editorial comments
at this point.

SASL base spec to Draft Standard: need implementation report.  4422bis
needs revised SASLprep, which Kurt will work on.  Some discussion
about normative downref to SASLprep.  Probably not a problem because
individual mechanisms are what actually normatively reference it.

Drop EXTERNAL from base spec?  No consensus either way.  Probably not
a big deal; could possibly get folded into Simon's external-channel
draft.

Milestones:

Mar 09 GS2 WGLC -- in progress
Mar 09 SCRAM WGLC -- in progress
Apr 09 decide CRAM-MD5 approach -- done; Tom will summarize to list
Jun 09 4422bis I-D -- initial revisions
Oct 09 implementation report
Oct 09 4422bis WGLC