Subject: [saag] SMIME report (IETF 75)

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 16:12:21 +0200

The SMIME WG did not meet in Stockholm.

We have 8 IDs.  Since the last meeting, 5 IDs have entered the RFC 
editor's queue raising the number of SMIME WG IDs with the RFC editor to 7:

- draft-ietf-smime-multisig
- draft-ietf-smime-sha2
- draft-ietf-smime-3850bis
- draft-ietf-smime-3850bis
- draft-ietf-smime-3278bis
- draft-ietf-smime-new-asn1
- draft-ietf-smime-3852bis

All of the documents are pinned on documents from PKIX, the TLP 
revisions, or both.

A new version of draft-ietf-smime-rsa-kem was posted to address comments 
made by Steve Kent during his SECDIR review.  We issued a 2nd WGLC 
because the revisions were pretty substantial.  One set of comments, 
which I would categorize as minor, was received during the 2nd WGLC.  A 
new version will be posted, and then the document will passed to Tim Polk.

Once all the documents have been published we will initiate the 
procedure to shut down the WG.

spt