Subject: [saag] NEA WG report

From: Stephen Hanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 16:15:35 -0400

The NEA WG met on Monday afternoon.

We have two drafts with the IESG: draft-ietf-nea-pa-tnc-04.txt
and draft-ietf-nea-pb-tnc-04.txt. We reviewed the comments
received during IETF Last Call and from the ADs. Proposals
for resolving these comments were presented and discussed.
No substantial disputes came up so the editors will proceed
with the changes discussed, as well as any others required
to address IESG requests. Since the changes are not entirely
trivial, we'll do another WGLC on the specs once they have
been revised to make sure there is WG consensus on the changes.

We also reviewed draft charter changes that add a new work
item: specifying one or more Posture Transport protocols
(PT) to transport the higher layer protocols (PA and PB).
We do not plan to define a new transport protocol. Rather,
we will define how the PB protocol should be carried over
existing standard transport protocols like EAP and/or TLS.
As with PA and PB, the plan is to solicit proposals for PT
that meet our requirements (described in RFC 5209). There
was agreement in the room and from our AD on these charter
changes and they had already been favorably reviewed on
the WG list so we will send them to the IESG for approval.