Subject: [saag] NEA WG Report for IETF76

From: "Susan Thomson (sethomso)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 18:38:33 -0600

The NEA working group met on Monday Nov 9 at 17.40 JST.

WG Status and Progress since last IETF:
The IESG has completed its evaluation of PA-TNC and PB-TNC. The PA-TNC
I-D has been approved by the IESG and has been sent to the RFC Editor
for publication as Proposed Standard. The IESG is ready to approve
PB-TNC. However, since a couple of significant changes were made in the
PB-TNC I-D to respond to IESG comments, the changes were discussed
during the WG meeting and are currently under review on the WG mailing
list. Assuming no issues arise from this review, PB-TNC I-D will also
move forward to Proposed Standard. This work completes the milestones in
the original charter.

Upcoming work:
The NEA WG charter has recently been updated to allow work on specifying
protocols for the posture transport (PT). There is a WG call for
individual submissions for the PT protocol due on Jan 4, 2010. In the
meantime, a conceptual overview of upcoming proposals was discussed
during the WF meeting. Steve Hanna provided an overview of upcoming
submissions from the TCG. Two PT protocols, one based on TLS and the
other EAP, were presented to cater for different use cases. 

Next Steps:
The WG plans to hold a virtual interim meeting prior to IETF77 to
discuss the PT individual submissions and help reach consensus on a WG
document.