Subject: [saag] Kerberos Working Group Summary - IETF 76

From: "Shawn M. Emery" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 20:48:14 -0700

The kerberos-wg met Wednesday, 11/11/09, during the first afternoon session.

Co-chairs: Larry Zhu and Jeffrey Hutzelman (acting, Shawn Emery)

The goals of the meeting were to discuss the FAST negotiation issue and 
resolve encryption type semantics in the KDC data model.

Sam Hartman presented issues with FAST negotiation.  Need a way to 
determine if the KDC supports FAST and a way to negotiate the armor 
ticket securely.  Solution entails supplying integrity check in the 
AS-REP on the server side, providing a new PA-type by the client, and 
new negotiation to thwart down grade attack.  WG members agreed to the 
solution presented.

Encryption type attribute in the data model needs better semantics.  
Suggestions include separting attribute and policy.  Some members would 
like to include positive/negative support for these.

Document Status
----------------------
draft-ietf-krb-wg-preauth-framework
    1 asn.1 issue (uint32 undefined)
    Tom Yu will verify type registry is accurate before sending off for 
IANA review
    no implementors
draft-josefsson-kerberos5-starttls
    WGLC finished
draft-ietf-krb-wg-cross-problem-statement
    IETF Last Call/IESG Review

Shawn.
--