Subject: [saag] Heads-up: XML Signature 1.1 W3C Last Call coming up

From: Thomas Roessler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 12:07:01 -0800

As a heads-up, the W3C XML Security Working Group is planning to take  
its XML Signature 1.1 and XML Encryption 1.1 specifications to W3C  
Last Call within the next few weeks.  Main changes against XML  
Signature 1.0 and XML Encryption 1.0 relate to including support for  
Suite B algorithms (including mark-up for key material).  The group is  
wrapping up discussions about making these algorithms mandatory to  
implement in the Last Call Working Draft; however, that would be up  
for further investigation and possibly subject to change as the specs  
move further along the W3C recommendation track.

Review of the editor's drafts would be welcome:
   http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core-11/
   http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlenc-core-11/

We'll send a formal review request through the W3C/IETF liaison  
channel once the Last Call Working Drafts are out.

On a related note, the Working Group recently published a First Public  
Working Draft of XML Security Generic Hybrid Ciphers.  That  
specification, too would benefit from early review:
   http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlsec-generic-hybrid/

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact Frederick  
Hirsch (WG chair; copied on this note) or myself.  Unfortunately,  
neither of us will be able to travel to Hiroshima.

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <[email-masked]>