Subject: [saag] anyone got good text or a pointer...

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 15:35:51 +0000

A discuss I raised recently says:

"...all messages that contain URLs that the other
party might de-reference SHOULD come with a health warning - they
can be abused in various ways. 12.4 doesn't really cover that and
would seem like a fine place to warn about blindly following URLs.
Can't think of an RFC with good text for that right now, but I'd
say there might be one if you poke about."

Anyone got any (pointer to) good text about how to be careful
about de-referencing URLs in general?

Thanks
S.

---

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 08:16:11 -0800

>say there might be one if you poke about."

Some of the text from the Security Considerations section of RFC 3986 
could be reused.

Regards,
-sm