Subject: Re: [saag] errata in draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-02.txt

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 16:31:23 -0500

On Sat, 2013-01-05 at 00:30 +0400, Logan wrote:

> Also, secsh-filexter-02 is the most widely implemented sftp spec,
> despite not being an rfc.

> However, the secsh wg is marked as concluded, and attempts made at
> contacting the authors have not
> been successful.

The working group is indeed concluded.  However, the [email-masked]
mailing list is still active, and SSH-related protocol work still goes
on there from time to time.  That is the most appropriate forum for
discussions related to the sftp protocol.

-- Jeff

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 23:46:57 +0000

> discussions related to the sftp protocol.

Fair point. (Blame me, I pointed Logan here. BTW, are there archives
of that? I went looking today but didn't find 'em.)

FWIW, it seems to me to be a fine idea to have an RFC that matches
the implementation of sftp, so I'm happy to help out, if e.g. AD
sponsoring is appropriate. Which is why I suggested taking it up
here, but knowing what [email-masked] think would be very
relevant in that.

Cheers,
S.

> 
> -- Jeff
> 
> _______________________________________________
> saag mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag
> 
>

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 22:57:53 -0500

> of that? I went looking today but didn't find 'em.)

Try ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf-mail-archive/secsh/

> here, but knowing what [email-masked] think would be very

If there were authors willing to pick up that document and finish it,
and an AD willing to sponsor it, I expect that there would be sufficient
reviewers on the ietf-ssh list to move forward.  At the time the WG was
closed, there didn't seem to be enough energy left to finish that doc.

-- Jeff

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 18:11:10 -0500

> closed, there didn't seem to be enough energy left to finish that doc.

Yep, I've processed a couple of other ssh-related drafts through the 
process with input from the mailing list.

spt

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 18:55:13 -0500

> process with input from the mailing list.

Yeah; I know.  I've even done writeups for a couple. :-)