Subject: [saag] Fwd: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-security-options-03.txt

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 11:57:08 +0200

Security People,

AVTCORE WG are developing an overview document over available security
options for RTP. As several of these comes from various corners of the
security area as well as some being developed in AVT WG. I am thus
requesting review of this document.

Or maybe you want to be astonished of the flora of things you have
produced that can be applied to securing a protocol like RTP in its
various usages.

Thanks

Magnus Westerlund

Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-security-options-03.txt
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 02:40:39 -0700
List-Id: Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance <avt.ietf.org>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Options for Securing RTP Sessions
	Author(s)       : Magnus Westerlund
                          Colin Perkins
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-security-options-03.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2013-05-06

Abstract:
   The Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) is used in a large number of
   different application domains and environments.  This heterogeneity
   implies that different security mechanisms are needed to provide
   services such as confidentiality, integrity and source authentication
   of RTP/RTCP packets suitable for the various environments.  The range
   of solutions makes it difficult for RTP-based application developers
   to pick the most suitable mechanism.  This document provides an
   overview of a number of security solutions for RTP, and gives
   guidance for developers on how to choose the appropriate security
   mechanism.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-security-options

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-security-options-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-security-options-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt