Subject: [saag] Is the CA market broken?

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 13:35:23 -0400

I'd like to bring to your attention the following paper:

http://weis2013.econinfosec.org/papers/AsghariWEIS2013.pdf

What it says is that there is market concentration, no race to the
bottom for price, and that technical solutions may be the best
approach.  A key callout from the talk was the conflict within the
browser community between assuring security and assuring connectivity.

DANE is also called out in the paper.

A reminder: Cisco has an open RFP at http://www.cisco.com in the area of
HTTP2, and a separate one on Internet Economics.  This would be covered
by either or both.

Eliot

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 15:03:45 -0400

Wes (and others) have pointed out that I goofed on the URL.

The Cisco research URL to go to is http://www.cisco.com/research. 
Please note two specific RFPs:

RFP-2009-057 on Internet Economic Models and Policy Impact
RFP-2013-077 on Next Generation Web Technologies

Eliot