Subject: [saag] User Defined Key Pair (no more passwords, no more CAs)

From: "OMAR HASSAN (RIT Student)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 14:50:46 +0300

Hello Everyone

I have uploaded a new version of the User Defined Key pair protocol, I will
appreciate if you have a look and give me any comment or suggestion.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-omar-tls-udkp-01

The new protocol is a new way of securing the traffic to websites without
being depending on any third party to secure the traffic between the user
and the website, so it will be possible for the user to secure his browsing
using his credential information, smart card, or a random file on usb. That
will make the use of two factor for authentication and traffic security is
separated from the application code, the website admin only needs to
configure how the users are going to access the website. Additionally there
are no passwords required to be transferred any more on the network, which
will render the Phishing attack useless.

The motivation behind the new protocol is to make the security the
responsibility of the two involved parties, because as you know, the
security and confidentiality of user browsing in TLS depend upon the number
of Certificate Authorities (CAs), major web browsers trust hundreds of
different firms to issue certificates. Each of these firms can be compelled
by their national government, or being compromised to issue a certificate
for any particular website that all web browsers will trust without
warning.Thus, users around the world are put in a position where their
browser entrusts their private data, indirectly, to a large number of
governments, and entities. (http://cryptome.org/ssl-mitm.pdf)

Thank You
Best Regards