Subject: [saag] a Secure and fast proposal to improve SeND

From: "Hosnieh Rafiee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 15:56:07 +0200

Hi,

As I explained in saag open mike, I have a proposal to improve SeND. It is
easy and much faster and high secure. It can be used in place of CGA and we
do not need to worry about the compute intensive part of CGA. During the
past two years I have had a lot of proposal regarding the improvements of
CGA. But the problem you make your CPU busy when you use CGA with sec value
higher than 0. 
If you want to use CGA sec value zero, still my proposal is fast and more
secure than that. The security of my proposal for the first time when the
node joins to the network and wants to check Duplicate Address Detection is
2^62. But after the first time that is the attacker only have a few seconds
to break it, the security of that is the security of the whole public key. 
The reason is the neighbors keeps his public key in their cache. So the
attacker needs to do brute force attacks against the whole public key.

This algorithm has the second version too.

For further discussion or comments, you can contact me.
If you are around in IETF, why not to meet and discuss it further.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rafiee-6man-ssas 

Thanks,
Best,
Hosnieh

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 11:03:45 -0400

SAAG Members:  I spoke with Hosnieh on Thursday and Friday; she is
looking for some people from the Security Area to look at her draft and
give her comments on the cryptographic security of her proposal.  I
think it has merit, but she would like other people to also read it and
comment as well.

Thanks,

-derek

"Hosnieh Rafiee" <[email-masked]> writes:

> _______________________________________________
> saag mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag
>
>

-- 
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant