Subject: [saag] DICE BOF summary

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 11:22:07 +0200

DICE BoF -- DTLS Improvements for Constrained Environments
BoF Chairs: Carsten Bormann, Zach Shelby
[BOF chairs won't be in SAAG meeting due to conflicting CoRE meeting.]

The DICE BOF was scheduled for one hour Wednesday 1510-1610.  Some 120
people participated.  Scope and the two planned work items were
presented.  Lots of people raised their hand when asked whether the
IETF should work on this, nobody opposed, and nobody felt they didn't
have enough information.

In the charter discussion, minor changes were brought up, and the
point was raised how the charter would reflect that a DICE WG would
contribute requirements and real world input for the TLS 1.3 work,
without making a formal milestone of a requirements document.
The charter show of hands went ~30/0/0.

Some 10 people raised their hand when asked whether they were prepared
to edit documents, some 30 to review and comment on them, and some 18 to
implement.

Grüße, Carsten