Subject: [saag] MILE wg summary @ IETF 89

From: "Takeshi Takahashi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 21:28:59 +0900

The MILE working group met at 11:50 on Friday, 7 March.
Here are the summary of the discussion.

1. Working Group leadership has completely changed 
 - Sean Turner (AD), Kathleen Moriarty (chair), Brian Trammell (chair) are
departing 
 - Kathleen Moriarty (New AD for WG), Alexey Melnikov and Takeshi Takahashi
(new chairs), David Waltermire (new Secretary) are entering 

2. RFC5070-bis needs to change the milestone, and the authors are currently
reflecting feedbacks 
 - Lots of discussion after last WG meeting on the mailing list, and several
open issues still exist (these issues are tracked and managed by the IETF's
tracker tool) 
 - Milestone change is proposed (The last call will be around Hawaii
meeting) 
 - The issues discussed in the IODEF implementation experience draft will be
incorporated 

3. IODEF implementation experience draft was appreciated as a useful input
to RFC-5070-bis 
 - Daisuke shared his experience of implementing IODEF-capable tools 
 - The findings raised several issues to reconsider inside RFC-5070-bis, but
the presentation did not address any specific solution. 
 - How to change the RFC5070-bis is the issue for discussion in the mailing
list 

4. No presentation was made for Cyber-physical extension, but its discussion
is encouraged on the list 
 - The draft extends IODEF to exchange cyber-physical related incident
information 
 - The interests to the extension has been expressed by people on the
mailing list already by now, thus discussion on the list is encouraged 

5. The application of Plasma to IODEF was introduced in the Plasma-based
IODEF draft, and feedback on the contents and interests should be posted to
the list 
 - Plasma was originally made for email, but its data mode was reused and
applied to IODEF 
 - There were no time for the discussion, but the interested people are
requested to comment on the list 

6. Expertise of using encryption and signature in JOSE WG was shared 
 - The experience of using encryption and signature in JOSE are shared 
 - JOSE can't be used for MILE as it is

A bit better formatted document is attached to this email.

Thank you.
Take