Subject: [saag] fwd: Last Call for Web Crypto API (W3C)

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 16:31:41 -0700

comments on the below can be sent to <[email-masked]> (one 
likely needs to subscribe in order you post)

Subject: Last Call for Web Crypto API
From: GALINDO Virginie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 16:36:39 +0100
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

Dear all,

The Web Crypto Working Group has published  a Last Call working draft of the 
Web Crypto API specification  today, 25th March 2014 [1] and requests review 
comments from the following groups : Web Applications WG, HTML WG, Web App 
Sec and TAG. We are also interested in comments from others, obviously.

The draft is available here :
         http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/WD-WebCryptoAPI-20140325/

The working group believes that the current document answers the 
requirements expressed as primary features in the Web Crypto WG charter [2]. 
No formal objection has been raised and no patent disclosure has been made [3].

As a reminder this specification abstract is :
This specification describes a JavaScript API for performing basic 
cryptographic operations in web applications, such as hashing, signature 
generation and verification, and encryption and decryption. Additionally, it 
describes an API for applications to generate and/or manage the keying 
material necessary to perform these operations. Uses for this API range from 
user or service authentication, document or code signing, and the 
confidentiality and integrity of communications.

We are currently debating the best way to manage JWK keys and expecting 
specific comments on that from you and developers community. 3 issues are 
still open, but might not impact our fulfill requirements of the charter, 
see http://www.w3.org/2012/webcrypto/track/issues/open.

The Last Call period ends 20 of May 2014 (8 weeks) - please send comments to 
the Web Crypto WG public mailing list [email-masked] with 
"[last call feedback]" at the start of the Subject line.

Thanks,
Virginie Galindo
Chair of the Web Crypto WG
Gemalto

[1] Minutes of the call where Last Call was decided 
http://www.w3.org/2014/03/10-crypto-minutes.html
[2] W3C Web Crypto WG charter 
http://www.w3.org/2011/11/webcryptography-charter.html
[3] http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/54174/status