Subject: [saag] Personal Privacy Environment

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 22:32:34 -0400

As some of you know I have been working on making secure email easy to
use. As easy to use as regular email. We just did our first release at
the HOPE-X conference in NYC today.

A description of the project and links to all the materials (Internet
drafts, you tube videos etc. etc.) can be found on the project Web
Site

http://prismproof.org/

By easy to use I mean absolutely no extra effort to use. Configuration
is made very simple as well, just run a program and you are done. The
only choice you would face is the choice of free hosting provider for
your public key data.

Right now the reference code only works for S/MIME and there is only
effortless configuration for Windows Live Mail. But the same approach
would work equally well for PGP and for other clients.

The trust model is a direct trust model similar to direct exchange of
PGP phingerprints. But there is provision to support TTP models
including PKIX and Web of Trust as well. But both of these will
benefit a lot from adopting some of the Certificate Transparency work.