Subject: [saag] Fwd: Re: Adept Encryption: Was: DANE should be more prominent (Re: Review of: Opportunistic Security -03 preview for comment)

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 15:18:02 +0100

FYI, for any folks who are only subscribed to/read saag.

I think we've had a good discussion and the next step is
for the IESG

Thanks,
S.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: Adept Encryption: Was: [saag] DANE should be more prominent
(Re: Review of: Opportunistic Security -03 preview for comment)
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 13:13:16 +0100
From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
To: Christian Huitema <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
<[email-masked]>
CC: IETF Discussion Mailing List <[email-masked]>

Hi Christian,

On 21/08/14 20:23, Christian Huitema wrote:
> Viktor's draft is basically fine. It is short and clear. The various
> rounds of edits tend to make it "different," but not better. IMHO, it
> is time to ship it.

I think your mail is a good summary though perhaps it doesn't
catch all of the concerns that Dave expressed. In particular
he also had a concern that we may be addressing the wrong
target audience. However, there was no significant discussion
of that when I kicked off a thread so I conclude that others
don't share that concern.

All that said, I agree with your conclusion that we risk going
more sideways than forward with additional iteration. Right now,
Viktor is preparing a -04 taking into account list discussion
on -03 and the substantial editorial inputs from Steve Kent
and Ben Kaduk.

Barring late surprises, my plan is to put that into IESG
evaluation as I conclude we have reached rough consensus on
the concepts here.

For who are those interested, I plan to add the saag list to
the cc for IESG evaluation comments/discuss points so you'll
be able to follow along there as the IESG consider this draft.
That'll probably happen in the run up to the Sep 4th IESG
telechat, or maybe the one on Sept 18th, depending.

And lastly, thanks to everyone for the engaging discussion.

Cheers,
S.

> -- Christian Huitema