Subject: [saag] SSH host key fingerprint - through HTTPS

From: John Leo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 14:12:29 +0800

This tool displays SSH host key fingerprint - through HTTPS.

SSH is about security; host key matters a lot here; and you can know for sure by using this tool. It means you know precisely how to answer this question:
The authenticity of host 'blah.blah.blah (10.10.10.10)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is a4:d9:a4:d9:a4:d9a4:d9:a4:d9a4:d9a4:d9a4:d9a4:d9a4:d9.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?

https://checkssh.com/

We hackers don't want to get hacked. :-) SSH rocks - when host key is right. Enjoy!

Best Wishes,

---

From: "Hosnieh Rafiee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 11:54:15 +0200

> SSH is about security; host key matters a lot here; and you can know for
sure
> by using this tool. It means you know precisely how to answer this
question:
> RSA key fingerprint is
> a4:d9:a4:d9:a4:d9a4:d9:a4:d9a4:d9a4:d9a4:d9a4:d9a4:d9.
> We hackers don't want to get hacked. :-) SSH rocks - when host key is
right.
> Enjoy!

I did not get your idea and what is it used for..
SSH protocol stores the key in the client after first connection. This kinds
of application is only useful when your ssh server supports a valid
certifications. Otherwise you manually entered this value in your site or
trust the xx server in first point of connection. This is the same as what
original ssh protocol does.  
If you are an attacker and being scared of being hacked, you can manually
introduce the key of target server to your client and then no worry of
interception... 
And if you are an attacker you never trust the third party website for this
purpose as well!

Best,
Hosnieh