Subject: [saag] Spencer Dawkins' No Objection on draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security-04: (with COMMENT)

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 09:11:11 -0700

Spencer Dawkins has entered the following ballot position for
draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm balloting "No Objection" primarily on Stephen's assurance that the
text changes in this version of the draft are editorial in nature, and I
accept his assertion that continued discussion is unlikely to result in
improvements to the document. 

I suspect that continued discussion wouldn't result in the Internet being
more resistant to passive monitoring, either, although I'm not one who
has enough security clue to assert that in a meaningful way.

I agree with the vast majority of Adrian's detailed comments, and think
the document would be improved by considering them.

I agree with Stephen's statement that publishing this document in the
Independent Stream is unlikely to be helpful.

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 19:12:33 +0100

Hi Spencer,

> http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security/

Thanks.

> has enough security clue to assert that in a meaningful way.

True enough. OTOH, getting done is a good as well.

> the document would be improved by considering them.

That is the plan. I asked Viktor and paul to hold off detailed responses
until we get a (near) full set. Will look over all that tomorrow or Thu
before the call though.

> Independent Stream is unlikely to be helpful.

Yup.

Cheers,
S.

> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> saag mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag
>