Subject: [saag] Alissa Cooper's Yes on draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security-05: (with COMMENT)

From: "Alissa Cooper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 14:59:31 -0800

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security-05: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for all the work on this, much improved.

= Section 3 =
"In general, communication
      should be at least encrypted."

I agree with this, but it is a little out of sync with the more factual
description given in Section 1.2. I also don't know if it's supposed to
have a normative feel (the goal should be, at a minimum, encryption) or a
descriptive feel (one can expect communications to be, at a minimum,
encrypted). Clarification and streamlining with what is said in 1.2 and
immediately preceding this sentence would help -- perhaps by just
deleting this sentence?