Subject: [saag] COSE Report for IETF 93

From: "Kepeng Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 16:53:09 +0800

COSE WG met on Monday morning.

1. ACE requirements:

Göran presented ACE requirements.

DTLS protects information flow, COSE protects data objects.

Two modes are identified:

Payload mode: the payload is wrapped as a secure message (SM), so the CoAP
payload is replaced with SM.

CoAP mode: protects the entire CoAP message.

COSE WG needs to keep in mind CoRE/ACE requirements during the spec
development.

2. Key Issues and Choices for COSE

Mike Jones presented key issues and choices for COSE.

The proposal is to keep simple things simple.

Some open issues will be taken in the list.

3. COSE Message Draft

Jim presented COSE message draft.

About the algorithm draft, we keep it as one for now, and split it out if
needed.

Jim will send out the open questions to the list and get feedback.

Kind Regards
Kepeng & Justin (COSE Co-chairs)