Subject: [saag] OAuth Report

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 15:38:31 +0200

We had our OAuth working group meeting Wednesday afternoon. We
celebrated the publication of 6 RFCs since the last f2f meeting in
Dallas and focused our discussions on the remaining working group items,
namely
* Token Exchange,
* Proof-of-Possession Tokens, and
* Request by JWS for OAuth 2.

We went through the open issues and collected feedback from the
participants.

In addition, we had presentations about several new items, namely
* Native Apps, which is about guidance for developers of smart phone
apps and alike regarding security.
* Open Redirector discussing security problems with redirect URIs
discovered in the wild.
* An extension to the JSON Web Token claims to add further security
features.

There was lots of support for writing guidance about native apps in the
working group and several persons volunteered to review
<draft-wdenniss-oauth-native-apps-00>. There was also interest to
document the open redirector problem.

The chairs will talk to the AD about re-chartering in the next month or
two.

Ciao
Hannes