Subject: [saag] Encryption trends slides

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 04:32:12 -0400

Hello,

I gave the attached presentation for product development teams at my
employer last month and thought it might be helpful for others to use at
their companies.  Obviously, the slides are for a point in time.  If this
is useful, I can occasionally update the slides and share them.  I may
record a version of the presentation as it went over really well with our
product teams, making them aware of changes in the IETF and industry that
they don't necessarily have time to follow.  This type of thing may help
part of our target audience for security standards and better promote the
work of the IETF.

Because of the target audience, the slides have links to detailed
information (drafts/RFCs).  When I gave this, while I did get into some
details, there was more emphasis on high-level points that hopefully stuck
(paying attention to the audience).  One such point was that SSLv3 support
needs to be removed from products.  The teams were concerned on browser
support and that was addressed in the slides as well to give them an
assurance that it is okay to deprecate SSLv3 where it had not been done
already.

I included notes for talking points in case someone finds it helpful.
These are in my PPT version, but didn't seem to make it into the PDF.  Let
me know if you want the notes.

If a recording would be useful for the target audience, let me know and I
may bump it up on my priority list to help other product development teams
understand trends of encryption in the IETF.  EMC shows up on the slides as
I gave this as an internal presentation with no hat on as stated on the
first slide.

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen

---

From: Nat Sakimura <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 17:42:57 +0900

Thanks very much Kathleen.

This is very useful, and recording would be great.

Cheers,

Nat

2015-07-24 17:32 GMT+09:00 Kathleen Moriarty <
[email-masked]>:

> _______________________________________________
> saag mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag
>
>

-- 
Nat Sakimura (=nat)
Chairman, OpenID Foundation
http://nat.sakimura.org/
@_nat_en