Subject: [saag] openpgp @ IETF-93

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 17:50:51 -0400

The newly re-chartered OpenPGP Working Group met in Prague on Friday
2015-07-24.  About 35 people were in attendance if the bluesheets are
reliable.

The discussion covered a range of topics about the details that need to
be worked on to make an effective 4880bis.  We also discussed
fingerprint mechanisms and display conventions at some length, had some
coverage of revocation and expiration, and got a few offers of work for
drafting straw-man proposals for sections of the revised specification.

More work is underway on the mailing list <[email-masked]>.

     --dkg

---

From: Logan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 11:09:55 +0400

> drafting straw-man proposals for sections of the revised specification.

Hi dkg@,

What about 25519 support ?

> _______________________________________________
> saag mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag

---

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 12:27:28 -0400

Hi Logan,

> What about 25519 support ?

Curve25519 support (as well as adoption of other CFRG recommendations)
is one of the main points of our charter.

 https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-openpgp/

There's a bit of a timing issue between CFRG's process and our process,
but we hope 4880bis will be closely aligned with their recommendations.

Regards,

        --dkg