Subject: [saag] Fwd: who's interested? (was: Re: [Anima] Conclusion: adopt draft-pritikin-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra as ANIMA WG document)

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 15:02:18 +0100

Hiya,

There's been a bunch of discussion on the anima wg list (with
the interesting bit of the thread starting about [1]) on the
"introducing" or bootstrapping topic that came up at saag in
Prague. See [1] and the text below if that's of interest.

Cheers,
S.

PS: a reply-all is a fail, I'll assume you're not really
interested enough to read the instructions properly:-)

[1] https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/anima/current/msg01337.html

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: who's interested? (was: Re: [Anima] Conclusion: adopt
draft-pritikin-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra as ANIMA WG document)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 14:57:58 +0100
From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
To: joel jaeggli <[email-masked]>, Michael Richardson
<[email-masked]>, Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
CC: Toerless Eckert (eckert) <[email-masked]>,
[email-masked] <[email-masked]>, Max Pritikin
(pritikin) <[email-masked]>, Kathleen Moriarty
<[email-masked]>, anima <[email-masked]>, Sheng Jiang
<[email-masked]>

Apologies for the oversized distribution list.

Kathleen and I chatted about this, and indeed we had some
discussion of related topics at the saag meeting in Prague.

I'd like to see if there are a bunch of folks who are
interested in doing work in this space and if there's a
useful topic or set of topics on which work could be done and
that needs a bit more co-ordination between working groups.

I think that might well justify either a slot at the saag
session at IETF94 or even perhaps a non-WG-forming BoF
session if more time for discussion was needed. Minimally, Max
Pritkin has already offered to do a presentation for saag at
IETF94 presenting his view of the problem and solution spaces.
(Which I guess will generate discussion:-)

But first, I'd like to see who's interested in working on
this between now and IETF94. If you are interested, please
send me an offlist mail, preserving the subject line.

Depending on how many of those I get I may start a new list
or send around a few mails, but in any case I'll get back
to this list in a week or two and what, if anything, is
the plan.

Cheers,
S.