Subject: [saag] Proposed item for SAAG agenda - Crypto-conditions

From: Adrian Hope-Bailie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 20:52:51 +0200

Hey saag, (cc: ledger)

At IETF 96 my colleagues and I presented a BOF on the Interledger protocol,
a project we are working on to develop an open payments protocol inspired
by IP.

While we have not progressed the protocol work to the point that we are
ready for a follow up at IETF 97 we would like to continue work on one of
the "sub-projects"; Crypto-Conditions.

For a useful background to the problem we are solving Christopher Allen's
white paper is very helpful:
https://github.com/WebOfTrustInfo/ID2020DesignWorkshop/blob/master/draft-documents/smarter-signatures.md

The latest version of the crypto-condtions ID is here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thomas-crypto-conditions/
(Maintained via GitHub at:
https://github.com/interledger/rfcs/blob/master/0002-crypto-conditions/0002-crypto-conditions.md
)

We are working on some updates to this draft and wish to hear back from
this group if:
a) There is a desire to discuss this topic in Seoul
b) If there are any suggestions for amendments to the current ID that I can
incorporate in my next edit

Your help is much appreciated!

Adrian