Subject: [saag] IPsecME report for IETF 97

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 08:42:17 +0200

We have two documents just to be published as RFCs (DDoS and
safecurves), and two more ready for IETF Last Call (mandatory to
implement algorithms in IKEv2 and IPsec).

Other documents are progressing, but are mostly waiting for the
pipeline to clear before starting to progress them. This includes TCP
encapsulation, Split Dns, EdDSA and Implicit IV.

We have had good progress in the Quantum Resistance after Berlin, and
we have now updated draft to match the requirements we agreed on the
list. This document should be ready for the WG adoptation.

We had few new issues and work to be proposed. First issue is the
interoperability issue with PSS and PKCS1 v1.5 signatures formats. New
work include compressed representation of IKEv2 payloads and using UDP
encapsulation for ESP for load-balancing reasons. We did not yet agree
whether the WG will start working on those items.

Finally we had presentation not directly related to the IPsec, but
about making change to the MSEC (which uses IKEv1).
-- 
[email-masked]