Subject: [saag] SUIT WG Summary

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 07:25:28 -0400

SUIT Working Group

On Monday, the SUIT WG held their first face-to-face meeting.

The WG adopted draft-moran-suit-architecture as the starting point for
the architecture document.  The WG discussed the addition of three modes
to the document:

  1) the manifest and the firmware are pushed to the client;

  2) client pulls the manifest and the firmware; and

  3) the manifest is pushed to the client, and then the client
     pulls the firmware.

An information model will be removed from the architecture document and
placed in a document of its own.

The WG discussed draft-suit-moran-manifest, which was recently updated
to use CBOR and COSE.

The Hackathon included a project related to SUIT, and the participants
reported that they could only find a single cryptographic library that
implemented COSE digital signatures.  More work is needed if the COSE
format is going to be widely implemented.

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 09:57:12 -0400

Russ Housley <[email-masked]> writes:

[snip]
> format is going to be widely implemented.

In case it matters, my company has a COSE signature implementation, but
it's not open-source.

-derek
-- 
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant