Subject: [saag] New Internet-Drafts on pEp - Privacy by Default

From: Bernie Hoeneisen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 12:26:59 +0200 (CEST)

Dear SAAG WG
CC DISPATCH WG

Please be informed that we have submitted five Internet Drafts 
(see below) regarding the pEp (pretty Easy privacy) approach, which 
aims for opportunistic encryption of email and other messaging. The 
pEp technology is aimed to be as easy as possible for the end user, so 
that privacy technology will be widely implemented and used.

Overview of existing pEp Internet-Drafts:

- pEp General: Basic pEp concepts / requirements generally applicable
     https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-birk-pep-02

- pEp Email: pEp concepts specifically applied to email communication
   (automatic generation of key pairs, automatic usage of encryption,
   privacy enhancements to existing email message formats, etc.)
     https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-marques-pep-email-00
   Note: This -00 I-D is yet in a "rough" state.

- pEp Handshake: Easy process to ensure authentication of communication
   partners and channels using Trustwords.
     https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-marques-pep-handshake-00

- pEp Trustwords: IANA Registration for Trustwords in different languages.
     https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-birk-pep-trustwords-02

- pEp Privacy Rating: Definition of different Privacy States (unreliable,
   encrypted, etc.) and its mapping to a traffic light semantics
   (red, yellow, green, none) as an intuitive means for presenting the
   actual Privacy Status to the user.
     https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-marques-pep-rating-00

Note: More I-Ds are still in the pipeline, e.g. synchronization of secret 
keys among different devices of the same user.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

All the best
  Bernie

--

http://ucom.ch/
Modern Telephony Solutions and Tech Consulting for Internet Technology