Subject: [saag] CFRG report for SAAG

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 18:30:55 +0100

CFRG met for 1 hour on Tuesday, July 17th. 4 documents are waiting for
Chairs action, all 4 were reviewed by document shepherds recently. All
comments will be sent to the mailing list soon.

The RG heard update of "Hashing to Elliptic Curves"
(draft-irtf-cfrg-hash-to-curve), "Verifiable Random Functions"
(draft-irtf-cfrg-vrf) and "Randomness Improvements for Security
Protocols" (draft-irtf-cfrg-randomness-improvements). These were well
received and there was a proposal to regularize some primitives and
terminology which is similar across these documents.

There was a presentation on possible new work on OPAQUE password
protocol (augmented PAKE) by Hugo Krawczyk and a followup presentation
by Benoît Viguier about KangarooTwelve.

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 18:32:10 +0100

> by Benoît Viguier about KangarooTwelve.

I forgot one thing: in case you haven't heard yet: CFRG chairs are
looking for a 3rd co-chair.