Subject: [saag] IPsecME WG Summary from IETF 102

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 00:44:14 +0300

The IPsecME WG met on Wednesday afternoon. We had hopefully resolved
the issues AD had about the split-dns and all other old items should
be ready soon. We did have some presentation and discussions about new
items in new charter, i.e., IKE_AUX, Postquantum Key Exchange, Diet
ESP, Labeled IPsec.

In addition to those we had presentation about Controller IKE, which
is not really using IKE, so it is outside the scope of the WG.

Here is the latest status update from the datatracker:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/ipsecme/about/status/
----------------------------------------------------------------------
EdDSA is in the RFC editor queue,  Publication requested has been
issued for Split DNS, and now the AD comments should be resolved.
Implicit IV is past WGLC, and should be ready for publication really
soon now (waiting for writeup). Quantum resistance is currently in
WGLC. Rechartering is now in the IESG and should be finished soon.

We have already started working on the some of the new items in new
charter, i.e., ESP compression, Post-quantum key exchanges (including
making IKE_AUX exchange to allow transporting large objects before
IKE_AUTH exchange) etc.
-- 
[email-masked]