Subject: [saag] TLS Report from IETF 103

From: Christopher Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2018 10:19:52 +0700

The WG discussed remaining outstanding issues for
draft-ietf-tls-dtls13-29.  Version -30 was posted and will enter WGLC
shortly.  draft-ietf-tls-dtls-connection-id and
draft-ietf-tls-exported-authenticator are now in WGLC. With some
minors tweaks draft-ietf-tls-grease will also be ready for WGLC.

draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate, which was adopted since IETF102,
will be revised to indicate which RFCs normatively depend on TLS 1.0
and 1.1 and then will likely be ready for WGLC.

Changes to draft-ietf-tls-esni (i.e., using ENSI RRType instead of TXT
record) and its operational issues (i.e., hardfails and multi-CDNs)
were discussed. The draft needs additional reviews from DNS folks.

draft-housley-tls-tls13-cert-with-extern-psk was scoped down to be for
external PSKs for initial handshakes.  The sense of the room was to
adopt the draft as a WG Item. This will be confirmed on list.

draft-tls-certieee1609 will be used as the basis for a TLS Certificate
Type code point request. The WG will not consider it for adoption.

draft-wood-tls-external-psk-importer was discussed as a way forward
for external PSKs with TLS 1.3. More discussion and comparison to
draft-davidben-tls-universal-psk is needed.

Updates to draft-wood-tls-ticketrequests were discussed. The WG
considers it a potential WG item. This will be confirmed on list.

The WG had a lengthy discussion about
draft-ietf-tls-dnssec-chain-extension and there was WG consensus to
drop the draft as a WG item.

The status is also available here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/tls/about/status/