Subject: [saag] security as immunology

From: Henry Story <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 18:30:15 +0200

Hi all,

   I wrote a post relating immunology to security, thus 
giving a high level overview of the web, and perhaps providing
a way to think about it anew. It starts like this:

[[
The Covid-19 global pandemic has taught us that immunology is 
not just a biological phenomenon, but a personal one requiring 
us to adopt hygienic practices, a social one and indeed with 
the closing of frontiers a geopolitical one. But it also breaks 
into the space of technology with requirements that we learn 
hygiene rules about reposting content, to limit transmission 
of false information about the virus. 
I will show how the concept of co-immunity developed by Peter 
Sloterdijk can give us a framework to understand this. The 
essay ends by developing an analysis of the immunological 
features of the internet and locate pieces that we need to 
make a healthier World Wide Web.
]]

https://medium.com/@bblfish/co-immunology-and-the-web-43379b46688e

Happy first of April,

Henry Story