Subject: [saag] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations-05.txt

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 03:53:02 -0300

Hi,

We have posted a rev that means to address Benjamin's feedback. It is 
available at: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations-05.txt

The diff from the previous version is available at: 
https://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations-05.txt

Thanks!

Regards,
Fernando

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations-05.txt
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 23:37:54 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>, Ivan Arce <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations-05.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations
Revision:	05
Title:		Security Considerations for Transient Numeric Identifiers 
Employed in Network Protocols
Document date:	2020-07-29
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		9
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations-05.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations/
Htmlized: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations-05
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations-05

Abstract:
    Poor selection of transient numerical identifiers in protocols such
    as the TCP/IP suite has historically led to a number of attacks on
    implementations, ranging from Denial of Service (DoS) to data
    injection and information leakage that can be exploited by pervasive
    monitoring.  To prevent such flaws in future protocols and
    implementations, this document updates RFC 3552, requiring future
    RFCs to contain analysis of the security and privacy properties of
    any transient numeric identifiers specified by the protocol.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat