Subject: [saag] IPsec WG Report for SAAG

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 16:29:19 +0300

This has also been stored in the datatracker as status update for the
IPsecME WG (https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/ipsecme/about/status/).

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Implicit IV was published as RFC8750, and  Mixing Preshared Keys in
the IKEv2 for Post-quantum Security was published as RFC8784.
Publication requested has been issued for IPv6 and IPv4 status codes.  

For the existing work items, the IKEv2 intermediate is ready for WGLC,
and Multiple KE should also be ready for WGLC. The G-IKEv2 draft had
major rewrite to make it more inline with IKEv2. The IP traffic flow
security draft is getting ready for early transport area review, and
it is starting the process of getting protocol number to be allocated
for it. Labeled IPsec is mostly waiting to get some implementation
experience, there are implementations in the process of being
developed.

IKE1 IPsec graveyard draft is not yet adopted, and needs for authors
to agree with ADs what to do with it, i.e., whether it will be WG
item, or AD sponsored document.

Clarifications and Implementation guidelines for using TCP
encapsulation in IKEv2 has been changed to be RFC8229bis instead of
separate clarification document, and is now getting ready for WG
adoption. There is new draft for the Announcing Supported
Authentication Methods in IKEv2 charter item, which might be adopted
as WG item after people have had time to review it.
-- 
[email-masked]