Subject: [SAM] CfP: Last Mile | ICWMC 2011 || June 19-24, 2011 - Luxembourg

From: Sandra Sendra<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 10:15:19 +0100

INVITATION:

=================
Note that the submission deadline of February 28, 2011 is approaching.
Please consider to contribute to and/or forward to the appropriate groups the following opportunity to submit and 
publish original scientific results.
=================

============== ICWMC 2011 | Call for Papers ===============

CALL FOR PAPERS, TUTORIALS, PANELS

ICWMC 2011, The Seventh International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Communications
June 19-24, 2011 - Luxembourg

General page: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2011/ICWMC11.html

Call for Papers: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2011/CfPICWMC11.html

Submission deadline: February 28, 2011

Technical Co-Sponsors:
- Orange
- IMEC- NL
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- University of Nis
- University Politehnica of Bucharest
- Digital Technology Laboratory - DMG/Mori Seiki
- Middlesex University
- ABB Group
Sponsored by IARIA, www.iaria.org

Extended versions of selected papers will be published in IARIA Journals: http://www.iariajournals.org

Please note the Poster Forum and Work in Progress options.

The topics suggested by the conference can be discussed in term of concepts, state of the art, research, standards, 
implementations, running experiments, applications, and industrial case studies. Authors are invited to submit complete 
unpublished papers, which are not under review in any other conference or journal in the following, but not limited to, 
topic areas. 

All tracks are open to both research and industry contributions, in terms of Regular papers, Posters, Work in progress, 
Technical/marketing/business presentations, Demos, Tutorials, and Panels.

Before submission, please check and conform with the Editorial rules: http://www.iaria.org/editorialrules.html

ICWMC 2011 Topics (topics and submission details: see CfP on the site)

Wireless Communications Basics
Coding & modulation & equalization; Channel modeling and characterization; Equalization/Synchronization; Transform-
domain communication; Multiple access algorithms and schemes; Antenna and RF subsystems; Smart antennas, adaptive 
antennas, MIMO and beam forming; MIMO and OFDM Based PHY Layer technologies; CDMA Systems

Radio Interfaces and Systems
Radio communications systems; Radio resource management; Radio transmission technologies; Power and interference 
control; Interference Cancellation for Wireless Mobile Systems; Power management for small terminals; Energy map; 
Channel Measurement and Characterization

Spectrum Allocation and Management
Spectrum efficiency analyses; Dynamic spectrum access networks; Spectrum management; Interference mitigation and 
management techniques 

Circuits for Wireless Communications
Wireless ASICs; Wireless technologies; RF Design issues

Wireless and Mobility
Mobility management; Location-based services and positioning; Micro and macro-mobility; Mobility, location and handoff 
management; Mobile and wireless IP; Wireless broadband mobile access; Routing in multihop, ad hoc and sensor networks; 
Wireless multicasting; Wireless mesh networks; Topology control in wireless

Protocols for wireless and mobility
Wireless protocols, architectural and design concepts; Protocols for air interfaces and networks; Wireless MAC 
protocols: Design and analysis; Transport layer issues in mobile and wireless networks; Middleware for handhelds and 
mobile services nodes; Proxies and middleware for wireless networks 

Traffic and congestion control, QoS, Resource Management
Traffic Modeling and Analysis; 3G/4G Bandwidth on Demand; QoS and mobility; End-to-end QoS; QoS profiling and pricing; 
Traffic Engineering; Congestion and admission control 

Wireless and mobile technologies
Micro-mobility and macro-mobility; Wireless LANs; Home and Personal Area Networks: Bluetooth, ZigBeee, etc; Wireless 
MANs:802.16, 802.20; Wireless WANs: 2G/3G/4G; Mobile ad hoc networks and multi-hop wireless; Sensor networks and 
applications; Ultra-wideband and short-range networks; High altitude platforms and satellites; Emergency wireless 
communications; Wireless real-time communications; RFID systems (including readers and transponders in LF, HF and UHF 
bands)

Performance Evaluation, Simulation and Modeling of wireless networks and systems
Performance and QoS in wireless networks; Radio channel modeling (wave propagation and measurements); Mobile/wireless 
networks modeling and simulation; Performance of end-to-end protocols over wireless networks 

Management of wireless and mobile networks 
Mobility and QoS management; Billing technologies and tools; Policy Based Management in wireless LANS and MANs; 
Wireless and Mobile Network Planning; Mobile Database Access and Design

Security in wireless and mobile environment
Security and robustness in wireless networks; Privacy, Authentication Authorization and Accounting (AAA); Encryption 
and Cryptography; Key Management Protocols; Digital Rights Management and Multimedia Protection

Networks convergence and integration
2G/3G/4G integration; Convergence of 3G wireless and Internet cross-layer design in wireless networks; WLAN/3G/4G 
integration; Wireless-wireline convergence; Heterogeneous Networks (WAN, Wireless MAN, WLAN); IP Multimedia subsystems 
(IMS); Next Generation Network Architecture- mobility issues; Coexistence of mobile radio networks; End to End QoS in 
Heterogeneous environment; Signaling for integrated wireline/wireless networks 

Applications and services based on wireless infrastructures
Mobile & Wireless applications & services; Service discovery: protocols and frameworks; Personalized services and 
applications; Audio-visual and mobile multimedia applications; Media and content distribution over wireless networks 

Standardization and regulations
Position on standards & fora on wireless and mobile networks; Wireless Networks Standards and Protocols; Communications 
regulations; 802.11 WLAN Standards; 802.16 WMAN Standards; 3GPP and 3GPP2 standards; HSDPA Technology and Standards; 
Next Generation Network standards 

Design and implementation 
Emerging wireless technologies; Cross-layer optimizations in wireless networks; Design and implementation of mobile 
information systems; Software defined radio and re-configurability; Joint PHY/MAC design 

Wireless and mobile network deployment
Business models on wireless networks; Market trends and regional developments; M-commerce; Lessons learnt for wireless 
deployment in schools Lessons learnt for wireless deployment in special regions; Specialized wireless networks; 
Heterogeneous wireless network deployment (e.g., combining 802.11, 802.16 and 3G networks)

Cooperative and Cognitive Vehicular Networks
Architectures and platforms of cognitive vehicular network; Distributed artificial intelligence techniques for 
cognitive networks; Cognitive vehicular routing metrics and supporting protocols; Reduced complexity cognitive 
networks; Physical and MAC layer issues; Protocols design for cognitive vehicular networks; Cross-layer optimization in 
cognitive networks; Security issues for vehicular and cognitive networks; Testbed experiment, applications and new 
advances; Cooperative vehicular networks; QoS provisioning in heterogeneous networks ; Managing vertical handover; 
Multihoming; IPv6 GeoNetworking; Vehicular network architectures and protocols ; Cross-layer design and optimization 
for vehicular networks and cognitive networks; Mobility management and topology control; Standardization and 
Development of vehicular networks

Convergence and social mobility
Convergence of mobile networks with the Web 2.0; Convergence on architecture and services; Open service capabilities; 
Open exposure of telco capabilities; Open Web APIs, SOA and SDP); Interworking strategies; Mobile terminals as sources 
for User-generated content; Architecture and services for user-generated content; Auto-description and metadata 
synthesis for telecom-generated for user-generated content; Social mobile networks; User behavior profiling; Social 
connections (social graphs, contacts, etc); Services and architectures/solutions for social mobile services

ICWMC Advisory Chairs
Jonathan Loo, Middlesex University - Hendon, UK
Catherine Meadows, Naval Research Laboratory - Washington DC, USA 
Antonio Liotta, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands 
Ouri Wolfson, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
Naoki Wakamiya, University of Osaka, Japan 

ICWMC Industry/Research Chairs
Yan Zhang, IMEC- NL, The Netherlands 
Gang Zhao, Digital Technology Laboratory - DMG/Mori Seiki, USA 
Christopher Nguyen, Intel Corp., USA 
Mariusz Skrocki, Orange Labs - Warszawa, Poland 
Erick Amador, Infineon Technologies, France 
Ying Jian, Google, Inc., USA
Jingli Li, TopWorx - Emerson, USA
György Kálmán, ABB AS - Akershus, Norway

ICWMC Special Area Chairs

- Signal processing
Silviu Ciochina, Universitatea Politehnica din Bucuresti, Romania

- Security
Georg Neugebauer, RWTH Aachen University, Germany

- Mobility
Dragana Krstic, University of Nis, Serbia

- Vehicular
Jong-Hyouk Lee, INRIA, France

- Sensors
David Boyle, Tyndall National Institute, University College Cork, Ireland
Guangjie Han, Hohai University, Japan

- RFID
Andreas Löffler, Friedrich-Alexander University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany

- Cognitive radio
Homayoun Nikookar, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands

- Applications/Services
Tommi Aihkisalo, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland - Oulu, Finland 

Committee: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2011/ComICWMC11.html
===================