Subject: [SAM] New Version Notification for draft-irtf-samrg-common-api-03.txt (fwd)

From: Matthias Waehlisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 16:29:29 -0400 (Eastern Sommerzeit)

Hi folks,

  there is a new version of the Common Mcast API available:

  * http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-samrg-common-api-03

  Changes include:

   1.  Added use case of multicast flavor support

   2.  Restructured Section 3

   3.  Major update on namespaces and on mapping

   4.  C signatures completed

   5.  Many clarifications and editorial improvements

  Feedback is welcome!

See you Thursday
  matthias

-- 
Matthias Waehlisch
.  Freie Universitaet Berlin, Inst. fuer Informatik, AG CST
.  Takustr. 9, D-14195 Berlin, Germany
.. mailto:[email-masked] .. http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/~waehl
:. Also: http://inet.cpt.haw-hamburg.de .. http://www.link-lab.net

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 13:24:01 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-irtf-samrg-common-api-03.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-irtf-samrg-common-api-03.txt has been successfully submitted by Matthias Waehlisch and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-irtf-samrg-common-api
Revision:	 03
Title:		 A Common API for Transparent Hybrid Multicast
Creation date:	 2011-07-26
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 34

Abstract:
   Group communication services exist in a large variety of flavors, and
   technical implementations at different protocol layers.  Multicast
   data distribution is most efficiently performed on the lowest
   available layer, but a heterogeneous deployment status of multicast
   technologies throughout the Internet requires an adaptive service
   binding at runtime.  Today, it is difficult to write an application
   that runs everywhere and at the same time makes use of the most
   efficient multicast service available in the network.  Facing
   robustness requirements, developers are frequently forced to use a
   stable, upper layer protocol provided by the application itself.
   This document describes a common multicast API that is suitable for
   transparent communication in underlay and overlay, and grants access
   to the different multicast flavors.  It proposes an abstract naming
   by multicast URIs and discusses mapping mechanisms between different
   namespaces and distribution technologies.  Additionally, it describes
   the application of this API for building gateways that interconnect
   current multicast domains throughout the Internet.

The IETF Secretariat