Subject: [SAM] review of draft-irtf-samrg-common-api-03

From: Dr Mario Kolberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 11:59:54 +0100

Dear All,

I have reviewed the draft document draft-irtf-samrg-common-api-03, A 
Common API for Transparent Hybrid Multicast by M. Whaelisch, T. Schmidt 
and S. Venaas.

To my mind it reads very well! I have just one main point of concern: 
the lack of a illustrative example to show the application of the API in 
a realistic example. Appendix B
has a very brief example, but I was wondering if this really deserves 
more space and a better explanation. For instance a sequence diagram 
showing the different steps of using the API would be really nice! Fig.1 
in the draft is a nice illustration of a realistic setting. I was 
wondering if  that could be used again in the example.

Many thanks,
Mario

-- 
Dr Mario Kolberg SMIEEE
Senior Lecturer

Computing Science and Mathematics
School of Natural Sciences
University of Stirling
Stirling FK9 4LA
Scotland, UK

-- 
The Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2009/2010
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, 
 number SC 011159.