Subject: [SAM] Call for Papers - 5th International Workshop on OMNeT++ in conjunction with SimuTools 2012

From: Till Steinbach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 13:50:37 +0200

[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]

CALL FOR PAPERS
-----------------------
5th international OMNeT++ Workshop to be held in conjunction with SIMUTools
2012, Sirmione, Italy - March 23th, 2012

OMNeT++ is a public-source, component-based, modular and open-architecture
simulation environment with strong GUI support and an embeddable simulation
kernel. It is designed to simulate discrete event systems, but the primary
application area is the simulation of communication networks.

The continuing goal of this workshop is to bring together OMNeT++ developers
and their tools, applications and ideas. It provides a forum for
presentations of recent developments and novel ideas in the broad area of
network simulation, with focus on OMNeT++ and on the important topics of
integrating simulation models, coupling different simulation tools and
providing more accurate and more efficient modeling approaches.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
  - Evaluation and validation of simulation models
  - Comparison with other simulation/emulation tools
  - Parallel simulation and simulation control
  - Integration of hardware-specific code
  - Simulation of communication networks
  - Cross-layer protocol design methodologies
  - Integration with other simulation tools
  - Result interpretation and analysis
  - Modeling techniques
  - Simulation in the loop
  - Industrial applications
  - Use of OMNeT++ in other domains

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
-------------------------------------
This year, three types of submissions are possible for the authors:
  - Full papers (max. 8 pages)
  - Short papers (max. 4 pages)
  - Code contributions (max. 2 pages)

The first two types of submissions, full and short papers should be prepared
in ACM conference proceedings format. OMNeT++ should play a key role as a
tool to evaluate and study new systems, or to answer open research
questions, or to provide novel simulation techniques. The papers that are
accepted and presented at the workshop will appear in CD proceedings, in the
ACM Digital Library (DL), and in EU-DL, along with the SimuTools 2012
proceedings.

For the third type of submission, developers are encouraged to contribute
extended abstracts of up to 2 pages describing new code contributions to
OMNeT++ or model frameworks. The source code and a user manual should be
submitted together with the extended abstract. Code contributions abstracts
will be presented as posters at the workshop and will be made available to
all participants and on the OMNeT++ website. Please note that this type of
submission will not be included in the ACM DL, nor will it be indexed.
However, if the contribution is of significant scientific value, authors are
encouraged to submit it as a short paper instead. However, the TPC will
provide reviews and feedback on poster abstracts and the poster session will
be an excellent opportunity to highlight your work in the OMNeT++ community.

Detailed submission instructions, together with format files, are available
on the website: http://www.omnet-workshop.org

IMPORTANT DATES
--------------------------
  - Full paper submission: November 28th, 2011
  - Notification of acceptance: January 15th, 2012
  - Camera-Ready version: February 15th, 2012
  - Conference: March 23th, 2012
All deadlines are 23:59 UTC

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
----------------------------------
Founding Chair:
  - Andras Varga, Simulcraft Inc.

Workshop Co-Chairs:
  - Anna Förster, Networking Lab/SUPSI, Switzerland
  - Laura Marie Feeney, SICS, Sweden

TPC Co-Chairs:
  - Andreas Lewandowski, TU Dortmund University
  - Athanassios Boulis, NICTA, Australia

Publicity Co-Chairs:
  - Christian Müller, TU Dortmund University
  - Till Steinbach, HAW Hamburg, Germany

Program committee:
  - TBA

CONTACT
-------------
Please send an e-mail to the organizing committee
([email-masked]) or visit the workshop website at
http://www.omnet-workshop.org/2012/ for further information.

Best regards and hope to see you at the OMNeT++ Workshop in March 2012!