Subject: [SAM] message types in ID Application Layer Multicast Extensions to RELOAD

From: Dr Mario Kolberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 13:19:34 +0000

Hi All,

we are currently extending the draft with ALM example algorithms. We 
have included Scribe and are new working on P2PCast. P2PCast is similar 
to Splitstream (using multiple subtrees for parts of the data) but does 
not assume specific overlays. When nodes join/leave the P2PCast ALM tree 
some reorganisation of the tree may be required. This requires some 
messaging between tree nodes with P2PCast specific messages. The draft 
currently contains a message REFORM which could be used for this 
purpose, in which the P2PCast messages could be wrapped by the REFORM 
message. An alternative to using REFORM is to create a separate message 
which would contain the P2PCast messages.

I would be interested in any views as to which option you'd prefer, 
either using REFORM or setting up a new message type.

Many thanks,
Mario Kolberg

-- 
The Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2009/2010
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, 
 number SC 011159.