Subject: [SAM] New Version Notification for draft-irtf-samrg-common-api-08.txt (fwd)

From: Matthias Waehlisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 23:38:13 +0200

Folks,

  we published an update of the Common API draft, which includes 
editorial polishing following Tony's review.

Thanks
  matthias

-- 
Matthias Waehlisch
.  Freie Universitaet Berlin, Inst. fuer Informatik, AG CST
.  Takustr. 9, D-14195 Berlin, Germany
.. mailto:[email-masked] .. http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/~waehl
:. Also: http://inet.cpt.haw-hamburg.de .. http://www.link-lab.net

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 14:35:55 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Thomas Schmidt <[email-masked]>,
    Matthias Waehlisch <[email-masked]>, Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>,
    Thomas C. Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-irtf-samrg-common-api-08.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-irtf-samrg-common-api-08.txt
has been successfully submitted by Matthias Waehlisch and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-irtf-samrg-common-api
Revision:	 08
Title:		 A Common API for Transparent Hybrid Multicast
Creation date:	 2013-04-27
Group:		 samrg
Number of pages: 41
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-samrg-common-api-08.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-samrg-common-api
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-samrg-common-api-08
Diff:            http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-samrg-common-api-08

Abstract:
   Group communication services exist in a large variety of flavors and
   technical implementations at different protocol layers.  Multicast
   data distribution is most efficiently performed on the lowest
   available layer, but a heterogeneous deployment status of multicast
   technologies throughout the Internet requires an adaptive service
   binding at runtime.  Today, it is difficult to write an application
   that runs everywhere and at the same time makes use of the most
   efficient multicast service available in the network.  Facing
   robustness requirements, developers are frequently forced to use a
   stable, upper layer protocol provided by the application itself.
   This document describes a common multicast API that is suitable for
   transparent communication in underlay and overlay, and grants access
   to the different multicast flavors.  It proposes an abstract naming
   by multicast URIs and discusses mapping mechanisms between different
   namespaces and distribution technologies.  Additionally, this
   document describes the application of this API for building gateways
   that interconnect current multicast domains throughout the Internet.
   It reports on an implementation of the programming interface,
   including a service middleware.  This document is a product of the
   Scalable Adaptive Multicast (SAM) Research Group.

The IETF Secretariat